We have not yet met a suitable future buyer broker yet they are either pushy or out to lunch, so in the meantime can we look at houses?

Asked by andthentheresmaude, Philadelphia County, PA Fri Dec 30, 2011

"procuring" We are prequaled but one realtor raised the issue of procuring. By virtue of us finding a house online say thru trulia, and going to see it in person-not in an open house but the sellers realtor, does that mean the sellers agent will expect the procuring? One listing agent said that since hadnt signed with a buyers agent but were still deciding and interviewing them that we should not be investigating houses on our own. How in the world do any sales get done if the buyers arent scouting? If we waited for any possible buyer brokers to get back to us - signed or unsigned - we could live in apts forever!

Answers

18
Fran and Mark…, Agent, Yardley, PA
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Maude

You should know that procurring cause is not your concern that is a problem for the agents and they should know how to protect their commission. Agents are reluctant to spend any time on a buyer who may move on to someone else on a whim or who may speak with another agent most often the listing agent which complicates the issue of who has earned the commission. Every agent will ask you to sign a buyers ageny agreement. In PA if you do not have a signed business relationship then you do not have any representation. Please read the Consumer Notice that you should have been given by each agent that you met. The busines relationship form spells out the relationship between you and the agent and helps protect the agents commission. It may also allow the agent to charge you in the event of a dispute over probable cause. You can sign that business relationship agreement for a specific property or a specific term, for example 1 day, 1 week etc.
Our suggestion would be for you to sign the form only for the day you go looking if you like the agent after that and want to continue then sign for a longer period but with a definite termination date and a cancel on written notice clause. The agents confient in their abilities should have no problem with this approach.

Fran and Mark Reddiing
Prudential Fox and Roach, Realtors
1010 Stony Hill Road
Yardley PA 19067
215-321-3307 Direct
Mark@franandmark.com
Web Reference:  http://www.franandmark.com
John Szymans…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Perhaps you should define what meets your needs as a "suitable future buyer broker". The zip code you are listing is 19144 which is the Germantown section of the city of Philadelphia. No doubt, you have driven around the area and noticed some agents signs. Perhaps you might want to set up an appointment with some active agents in your area of interest and interview them. See what each of them have to offer and select the agent you feel most comfortable working with and who is best looking out for your interests. Also, an agent can have you sign a limited broker agreement for a particular home that you want to preview. Remember, professional agents want to work with buyers that are serious about acquiring a house. Once you sign up with a particular agent, if you feel that agent is not working in your best interests, they can be fired. Best wishes in homebuying process. Sincerely Yours,
John Szymanski Century 21 Leibovitz Realtors 215-888-3162 or 215-634-0800
Alan Openshaw, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Southampton, PA
Tue Jan 7, 2014
Hello
I do know what you mean but there are good Realtors out there. The same applies in my business too. I'd be happy to suggest a few people who I consider professionals with the clients best interests in mind.
Regards
Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton
Pa 18966
MLS # 143960
Cell 267 992 7276
Terrell Bruce, Agent, Marlton, NJ
Tue Jan 7, 2014
Hey I love to look at houses. Im available as early as 7:00 am til 12:00 am. You let me know where and when you want to go check out some properties. This is what I do for a living so lets get you place before spring!
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Hi Maude, Your still out there looking? It's been a while.

Make sure that they are Full Time Full Service Realtors + they Know the area.

Would you go to a part time Doctor for Surgery?

It's a big decision in your life.

We've been at it for 17 years

We're here if you want to Confidentially talk?

All the Best John + Sheri Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
Web Reference:  http://www.HomeCatch.com
Amanda Saund…, Agent, Chestnut Hill, PA
Sun Jan 1, 2012
A buyers agent should be3 sending you new listings daily via the MLS, going out weekly to preview homes for you, and really getting a handle on your goals.

You can call the listing broker to view homes, but what if you like the house? Find a buyers agent 1st--looking long term it is best for YOU.

Amanda J Saunders, MBA
Prudential Fox and Roach
Chestnut Hill
(215) 514-9597
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Sat Dec 31, 2011
Maude.... Go with your GUT...

All the best and Make it a New Year
John Curci REMAX Properties 215-757-2889
Serving Philly + Bucks Couty over 16 Years
Ignacio, Rea…, , 89128
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Find a KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY brokers office

With out a Buyer's Brokers not signed .....your FREE to use who you want....
Eileen Gray, , Philadelphia County, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Dear Homebuyer:

I recommend you find a buyer's broker that is suitable. When you make the Realtor match that works for you, I am suggesting you and your buyer's agent take a look at my listing in the 19144 area. It is a great single home with three bedrooms, two baths, over a half acre of land, two car garage, professionally landscaped, finished basement with a fireplace, and hardwood floors throughout. Good luck in your search and please take a look at 663-665 W. Kingsley. Thanks.
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Laws vary by state. One would have to prove that the agent is procuring cause. There is another issue of agency disclosure. If the agent hasn't fully disclosed agency then you would not understand. Respectively, before one enters into a contract the parties have the option of selecting their agency. The seller may not want their agent to be a dual agent. You may not want a dual agency. It's the law to disclose agency at the earliest possible time and prior to engaging in any contract.

Meet with some agents and see how many of them explain the law of agency as it pertains to your state and how many explain the contract. Know these and your financing options BEFORE looking at houses.

All the best to you.
Web Reference:  http://www.terrivellios.com
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
I'm sorry that you are having triuble finding an agent to work with you give me a call and see if we are a match if you feel as though we can work together I'll be glad to work with you.

Phili[p j. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corp.
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
15-725-5700
Cell 267 934 1971
Web Reference:  http://www.GreatPaRE.com
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Hi, first of all, there is no law that says you must be represented by a Realtor. You are permitted to use an attorney, but in that case, YOU would be paying the fee, not the Seller.

You are right. If you find a house on your own, you have in essence "procured" it. No Realtor would want to represent you at that point because they would not have procuring cause and would thus not be entitled to a commission by the Seller. If you wanted a Realtor to represent you, like an attorney, you would have to pay them their approx. 3% fee of the sales price.

Houses sell because when you are READY to hire a Realtor or an attorney, they can help you find a home through the MLS. It helps if you start scouting, but it is not necessary. One solution would be to scout homes and drive by the home during the day and during the night, but not schedule a showing without a Realtor or attorney present.

In my opinion, thought, it really shouldn't be this difficult to find a Realtor. You want to look for experience, knowledge, negotiating skills, and you want to make sure you get along with him or her.

I would love the opportunity to be ONE of the people you interview. Feel free to check out my website below and call my cell or email me. I am a Broker, I like to be upfront and honest with my clients, and never push my clients into anything.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Luxury Real Estate Specialist
Licensed in NJ and PA

Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
215.735.2225 office
856.617.1212 cell
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com
Alexander Sh…, Agent, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Hello andthenthere...

As the others have stated i am sorry you are having so much trouble finding a good, reliable, trustworthy agent. Let me start by first saying that i can show you any home you are interested in without Procuring cause being in the way. I would never push this issue (although i had many opportunities to do so).
I will gladly provide you with quality service and if it is your choice to select me as your buyer agent i would appreciate it.

Come on, Get out of the renting and into the Ownership!

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
realexs@gmail.com
http://www.eRealtyfind.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Dec 30, 2011
And Then....,
"If we waited for any possible buyer brokers to get back to us - signed or unsigned - we could live in apts forever!"

Yikes! Trust me, none of us want that to happen!
"...not yet met a suitable future buyer broker.." now there must me more to this.

Real estate professionals don't stay in business very long by offending those whom we serve. HOWEVER, you must understand this is a business, the way we earn our living. To often home buyers engage our services more in the line of entertainment rather than to find and purchase a home.

To sort out the tire kickers and lookie loos we often must ask a few questions like, 'What is your time frame to buy? What are your requirements? What is the price bracket you want to stay within? What is your funding arrangements? Do you have the documents for pre-approval or proof of funds? When are you available to look at homes? "

To a tire kicker or lookie loo, these are invasive perhaps pushy questions. In reality they are business questions. We are running a business, not an entertainment service.

There will be no shortage of real estate professionals willing and able to show you homes in Philly, but you will need to invest a little bi-lateral trust. Your new home is just a email or phone call away. The choice is always yours.

Annette Lawrence
Broker/associate
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727. 420. 4041
Sharon Sapp, Agent, Reading, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Wish I serviced your area, but I don't. The reason you want to make sure you have a buyer's agent that you trust is to protect your interests and not the seller's interest. Whether you have anything signed or not, whomever shows you the home does have procurring cause. You can look all you like on the internet, but if you want to look at houses, hire a buyer's agent. If it doesn't work out with that agent, you can fire them and hire someone else although it sounds like you don't want to waste that time. Do you have anyone who has recently purchased a home? If so, see if you can get a referral from them for someone that was good. If not, do take Ron's advice and check out the Realtors on Trulia. Read their info, check out any testimonials and ask if you can call any of their past customers. Then make a decision based on your research and start house hunting. I wish you good luck. There's alot of nice homes out there and alot of good Realtors.
Web Reference:  http://YourRealtor4PA.com
Fri Dec 30, 2011

I think that I may be able to refer a couple of Realtors for you to interview.
I am curious what happens if you tell the sellers Realtor that you already have an agent even if you do not.
Maybe it will take that issue out of the equation.

I am curious as to what other realtors think of this. I know it has been suggested to me in the past.
Please understand that in any contract there has to be a meeting of the minds.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010
NMLS ID 143960
Bev Kalb, Agent, Bally, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. There are lots of good caring agents out there. Most of my business is from referals and repeat clients. I suggest you talk to friends or co-workers for recomendations as well. Most people will be very honest about their experience with a real estate agent. I also suggest not signing a long term buyer broker agency contract until you feel you have made the right choice in agents. A contract can always be extended. Good luck!
Bev Kalb
Century 21 Longacre Realty
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Trulia is a good source of us Realtors:

Look for the VIEW A VIP in the bottom-right;

Enter your area and search,

you will see all the members that are in your area.
You can look at their PROFILE, RECOMMENDATION, and EXPERIENCE

We have a lot of good caring people here; you can interview them via e-mail.

Good luck and may God bless