Home Buying in Homestead>Question Details

Gabriela Ull…, Home Buyer in Homestead, FL

We have been tried to figure out in which area we really live in..My deed indicates Miami, Fl 33032, the PO lists this area as Homestead, Fl 33032.

Asked by Gabriela Ulloa, Homestead, FL Thu Sep 13, 2012

We are served by Miami-Dade county for garbage pick-up, water, light. Can someone tell us why?

33032 is a Homestead area zip code but sounds like you are in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County and not within the actual city of Homestead limits. City of Homestead addresses are different, NE, SE, etc. and would be your provider for water, sewer, etc.

(305) 332-2492
I looked you up and you are in the Redland. Unincorporated Miami Dade County. If someone is sending you mail it would not matter if they wrote Homestead or Miami, the PO goes by zip code.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
you are likely not within the city limits of either. Your address is likely 12345 SW 245 ST for example. This link is extremely helpful:
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
My address is SW...what's the Unincorporated Miami-Dade County, does it mean that we do not belong to Homestead or Miami?
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
You mail is being serviced through the Homestead Post Office. Look at your tax bill. If the first two numbers are 30, you live in unincorporated Miami Dade County. If it begins with 10 you are within the city limits of Homestead.
Yes, the first two numbers are 30. What's the Unincorporated Miami-Dade County? We do not belong to Miami or Homestead?
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012