We have been looking for a home and came across one we liked but are unsure of the history like how long has the house been on the market. I remember

Asked by Rose, Valparaiso, IN Mon Oct 5, 2009

seeing this house a couple years ago FSBO but the agent just says it has been on the market since Jan '09 but I know its longer--170 N 500 W, Valparaiso, Indiana, 46385. Please let me know.

Answers

12
Rick Yoder, Agent, McMurray, PA
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Good morning Rose,

68 South 500 West has been on and off the market 7 times first starting September 2006 for a total of 740 days on the market. Neither the mls or Assessor show a sale price as the sellers probably purchased the property and had the home constructed. The price has ranged from $519,000 to $470,000 with the current price at $500,000. In addition I know the owner of the property surrounding this one and he would consider selling some additional land if you would like a little more property.

Obviously if you would like to see this home or any others I would be happy to assist. Best regards, Rick.

Here is a link to the mls information on this one:

http://gniarmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Gnia…
Richard Joll…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Wed Jan 20, 2010
Hi Rose,
Have you checked out the home at 372 W. Division Rd? It is 10.25 acres with about a one acre stcked pond.
It has 3-4 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms, 2 masonary fireplaces(one gas), 5100 sq ft finished approx.
Open concept. cathedral ceiling. Hugh master bathroom with oversize jacuzzi tub. Norman Rockwell setting.
My best to you,

Rick Jolliff
219-508-0490
Mary MacArth…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Wed Nov 25, 2009
Rose,
My sellers on 170 N 500 W brought to my attention you thought their property had been on the market prior to Jan '09. They tell me that is not true. There was a property north of them that was on the market. This property is currently listed at $659,900. It is an outstanding property. The house has many quality, custom features and the land and barns are ideal for many purposes. There is a variance for boarding horses, kennel and commercial driveway. Hope this clarifies things. Fell free to call me at 219-465-8711.
Thanks!
Mary
Rose, Home Buyer, Valparaiso, IN
Tue Oct 6, 2009
How long has the home mentioned here been on the market and what were the sale prices for 68S 500W, Valparaiso, 10+acres, horse barn, built in 2004 priced at $500k?
Christine Mc…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Oct 5, 2009
It appears the land was bought on 12-6-1999, and there were existing pole barns on the property at that time. The home was constructed in 2002.
There were articles about the owners petitioning for a change in usage variance (quite interesting, the issues that pertain). They must of gotten the approval since they appear to have an active horse farm.

Christine
Christine Mc…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Hi Rose,

Here is an interesting link to the horse farm:

http://www.blueicefarm.com/
No name, , 78201
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Rose,
This looks like an amazing property for the price of 669,900. The home features 4 bedroom and 2.5 baths. Two custom built barns are also on the property. The agent is correct in that the property history does not show it being listed by an agent prior to January 2009. The FSBO history would not be included on that property history.. I hope this was of some help to you.

Have a great day,
Irene Tron
FC Tucker/1st Team Real Estate
219-476-5459
http://www.IreneTronRealtor.com
Rick Yoder, Agent, McMurray, PA
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Hi Rose,
I recall a For Sale by owner sign along the curve this property sits on but I thought it was the day care or something a couple properties North.

If you like this property you should also check out 68S 500W 10+acres, horse barn, built in 2004 priced at $500k.

Rick
Matt Evans, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Rose:
It's been on the market with current MLS#231960 listing for 266 days. It started in January at $769,900, and is currently $669,900. That is the only MLS listing I'm seeing for the property in the MLS system over the last 3 years. It's a fantastic looking property, and I'd love the opportunity to assist you in seeing it and purchasing it, if you are not yet signed up to work with a REALTOR. I can act as your Buyer agent and work in your best interest, assist you in valuation of the property, submitting an offer, and negotiating the deal in your behalf. Keller Williams is rated #1 in homebuyer satisfaction by JD Power, and I'm a top agent with the company.
Feel free to contact me at 219-241-8401 if you would like to discuss this and other homes you have interest in.

Matt Evans
The Matt Evans Team
matt@themattevansteam.com
219-241-8401
http://www.themattevansteam.com
Debra Rasala, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Rose,

This property you are asking about has been on the market since Jan(266 days) as the agent stated. It started out with a listing price of $769,900 and is now at the price you see of $669,900. This has been the only time the home has been listed. Hope this helps and if there is anything else I can help you with,please don't hesitate to call at 219-508-8025 anytime!
Christine Mc…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Hi Rose,

That home is still active. The MLS # is 231960. You can view it on my website, http://www.christinemcdaniel.com.

If you're not, I'd love to help you find a home (I'm paid by the seller, so it's free to work with me as a buyers).
I do a history search on homes my clients want to view so when they view the home they have a little background information.

Christine McDaniel
McColly Real Estate
2107 N. Calumet Ave.
Valparaiso, IN 46383

219-730-3502
Linda Zyla, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Mon Oct 5, 2009
Rose, this home was not on the market previously, there is a home near by (similar looking) that has been on and off the market for about 3 years at 68 S 500 W . Best regards, Linda Zyla