We have agree to have a home built, and are working with a realtor. What do we do if the earnest money has been paid, but we don't like our?

Asked by L.L., Haslet, TX Wed Apr 17, 2013

realtor? As time has gone by since putting the earnest money down, our realtor has been rude, late for appointments, and doesn't return calls for days. He even said things to the effect of we have wasted his time before. I am really beginning to no trust him, but don't want to lose the house/money. What do we do?

Answers

6
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Nothing you can do he has assisted in securing the property. Contact their broker regards to their behavior

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Kimberly Kel…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 18, 2013
You should report him to his broker. You can also request to work with another agent in the office or another team member if he is on a team. It will also help if you have documentation on the events that have happen.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Apr 18, 2013
If the agent has been inappropriate, the recommendations that others have provided of meeting with the agent or being in touch with his broker are good suggestions.

My recommendation is to take these recommendations as a two step process, meeting with the agent first to put all your cards on the table. I might be helpful to have a list of your concerns prepared to share. If this meeting doesn't go the way you feel is should go then go to the second phase of meeting with the broker. I might be helpful that he knows up front of your plans to report him to his broker.

Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Apr 18, 2013
There are a couple of things you can do.
#1 I would ask for a meeting and discuss it with him.....you want the meeting to be productive and get back on the right track...not accusatory....so jot down your concerns or bullet points. Go over it with someone else first and get their feedback....then meet with him and go over it. Hopefully everyone has a nice meeting of the minds.

#2 If it goes south, then meet with his broker, office manager,or team leader and discuss the concerns. Maybe they can assign someone else in their office to your account.
Stacey Calde…, Agent, TX,
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Contact the Broker the Agent works for.
Lloyd Martin, Agent, Keller, TX
Wed Apr 17, 2013
OK, help me out here.
1. You signed a contract to have a home built by someone like Lennar, First Texas, Horton, etc?

2/ Your home is under construction now?

3. You signed an Agency Agreement with the Realtor that you wanted him/her to represent you for purchasing this home.

4. You signed something with the Builder that the Realtor is YOUR Realtor?

OK,, answer those questions and then I can advise you further. Or call me. I am working late.
Lloyd
817-471-0221
Yes to all of those.
Flag Wed Apr 17, 2013