We filed a chapter 7 a year ago, on our homes also. Will we be able to rent a home without a co-signer?

Asked by Sandra Krugman, Tracy, CA Sun Jul 7, 2013

Our average income right now is around $100,000 ..No bills except Insurances, utilities and medical. We want to come to the Tracy or Livermore area.

Answers

4
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Sandra,

7 years is a long period of time. Everything else on your application seems to be very strong for example you income etc. considering other variables are in place for example you didn't miss any payments in the last 12 months or any fireclosures in the past 24 months, you should be fine.
Me, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Sun Aug 18, 2013
it all depends on the person who owns the rental property. some may require a higher deposit. some may require a co-signer, some may not. just depends. best thing to do is ask. you will be surprised how many do not require it.
Henry Brooks, Agent, Ripon, CA
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Hello Sandra,

Yes, you guys should be fine after 7 years. In fact, you may be in a position to consider purchasing a home as well! I have helped several of my of my past tenants buy their first home. Call or text me anytime @ 209-814-0119 for more info or any other questions. Thanks, your friend & Realtor, Henry Brooks
Web Reference:  http://www.realtorbrooks.com
, ,
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Funny you ask that question. After 7 years you can finance a home so I'm pretty sure you can find someone out there to rent to you. In the good ole days, BKs used to fall off after 7 years, now it 10.

Best of Luck!