We are trying to get a usda loan and my husband is in construction and is out of work 2-3 mo.out of the year.he makes very good.can we still qualify?

Asked by Kenny, Bayville, NJ Wed Oct 7, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


, ,
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Kenny, please follow up with us to let us know what happened. Was the USDA loan a problem to get? Underwriting is going to be the same no matter what. I have done loans for people who are in various trades and work like your husband is. It might be a good idea to do the loan when he is working, for anyone looking at this question now.
USDA loans are not really done in the areas that I work in, but does anyone know if banks received their funding again for USDA?
0 votes
Robert Suarez, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Also you can do as one of my clients did and go to the USDA and get the loan direct from them. She said it was pretty easy but had to go to the USDA office in South Jersey
Here is the link to the USDA site that should give you some info. The site has the address of the offices in the area.
Web Reference:  http://RobertisTomsRiver.com
0 votes
Justin Bosak, Agent, Wall, NJ
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Hey Kenny,

There are two different types of USDA loans there is a guarantee and a non guarantee. Depending on your income and assets you may be provided a subsidy that would help lower your monthly payments and allow you to purchase up to 244k with 100% financing and closing costs paid for by the seller. If you have any further questions let me know I can also put you in direct contact with the representative I know there who can streamline this process for you.


Justin Bosak
The Ocean's Six Group

View our properties at http://www.OSMLS.com
0 votes
James Flanag…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Wed Oct 7, 2009

Call Chris Padovani at 732-207-8700. He's with Bank of America and is an expert in this type of loan! Please tell him I said, "Hello".


Web Reference:  http://FlanaganRealty.com
0 votes
William Troy, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Hi Kenny, do yourself a favor and look on the usda website for a mortgage rep that specializes in usda loans.

William Troy
Veltri Realtors
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Bayville Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more