We are thinking of retiring to the Parkside area and were wondering about what the estimated cost would be of converting a double/multi to a single?

Asked by Garyboyce4, Seaside Park, NJ Tue Sep 24, 2013

Answers

2
Nick Raczyk, Agent, Buffalo, NY
Tue Sep 24, 2013
That's a pretty good idea, as there are not many singles-family homes currently available in the immediate Parkside area. This is because the neighborhood is more affordable than the high demand Elmwood Village. As far as estimated costs for conversion, that would be difficult to throw a number out there because it would be dependent on the individual property and its condition. However, I would say that the purchase price for a double would likely be lower than a single-family. As such, you would build your equity from this lower price. I have advocated this type of purchase to some of clients!
I live in the North Buffalo Area, and can tell you there is a good inventory of doubles in the area. Converting a single family home into a double could cost get very pricey. Factoring in the age of the homes in this area, dormers, boilers and any joist replacement get expensive. Reworking a classic double with the hardwood, and natural woodwork you probably want, is really the way to go. Good luck on your retirement, and I hope to see you in the Neighborhood soon!
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013
Thank you..and we are thinking Parkside/Delaware. My daughter lives in Elmwood area and am aware of those homes too. I also have to say that looking for inground pools with decent size private yard in downtown also has its limits. So that would be something I am sure we would just have to be sure we get enough room and then have one put in. Regardless we are looking forward to our retirement to Buffalo. We did live in Williamsville 86-87 but the burbs are not where we want to be any longer.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Craig Wheeler, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Sat Jan 18, 2014