We are thinking of moving to houston area and I want to know where the best place to raise a family, with close shopping, restaurants

Asked by robert.loyall, Houston, TX Fri Jul 12, 2013

Things for kids to do. We are buying and looking in the $200K and under price. Need a house with a yard. Willing to drive around an hour to wherever I'll be working (not sure where I'll be)

Answers

7
Arnold Richie, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Jul 13, 2013
Hello Robert,

As you can see from all of the responses here, Houston is a very large area with nice subdivisions in all directions. You will be pleasantly surprised at what 200k can buy. It would be great if you could get an idea of where you will be working as you would not want to live in Katy and work in The Woodlands, but even that will be possible with the addition of The Grand Parkway being constructed. Basically, you just need to zero in on a Realtor and together begin to search for the right property. Try to find someone that really knows Houston. I am a native Houstonian and would be happy to work with you.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
arnold@yournexthomehouston.com
http://www.yournexthomehouston.com
713-396-2017 281-788-8962
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Jul 13, 2013
Robert ...

Being that you're willing to drive an hour (you may well spend the major portion of it in bumper-to-bumper traffic) you have several excellent options. I'm assuming that schools are a major consideration. Areas such as Copperfield, Cypress-Fairbanks, Katy and Pearland come to mind (and I'm certain there are more). They all meet your criteria ... and you'd be surprised at how much house you can get for $200k in several of them.

It's important to know just when you're contemplating the move, as well as what type of work you do. While the job market is solid here, the primary employers are oil & gas and medical ... if you're in one of those industries, you'll pretty have your choice of where to work.

I'll be happy to send you information on employment and housing ... just let me know your e-mail address, and you'll have it within a couple of days.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Kallie Colem…, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Jul 12, 2013
I think Coles Crossing is a wonderful neighborhood for bringing up children. Outstanding schools and it's a master planned community. Very nice!
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Hello Mr. Loyall,

Areas like Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, Spring are good options to consider for family. Depending on the availability of homes within your price range and several other specifications you may have, you will have to zone in on a smaller area to make it easy for you to make a decision.

Since you have children, you will likely look into schools to see what appeals to you. HAR and Trulia both give you information about the school and their ratings, so I would advise you to check that out as well.

When will you make your decision to move here? A lot depends on the timing and the availability.

If I can help with any other questions, please feel to contact me at the information below.

Persis
713--294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Pamela Bratc…, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Robert,
I'm not sure if you want to live within the Houston city limits, or if you would prefer a suburban area. One place that comes to mind is the Friendswood/Webster area, which is southeast of Houston. There's Baybrook Mall, Target, etc. and several restaurants. It's close to NASA and about 30 miles from Galveston. However, there are also many other places in and around Houston you and your family may like. I'd love to help if you decide to make the move.

Pam Bratcher
Century 21 Paramount
713-906-5238
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Robert,

That would be almost anywhere in the Houston area. You likely will be in an outlying suburbs if you are interested in the better schools and maybe a little more home for the money. Also the possibility of new construction.

Ideally, you would know where your work is located and we would start from there. You will get lots of suggestions on various parts of town, but I work all over the Houston area and can show you almost any home. You need a good Realtor that will work for you and your family and has lots of experience. Give us a call or email and we can get a few more details from you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Those criteria leave you lots of options. Give me a call so we can zero in on what is most important to you and your family, what your time frame is, type of house that most suits you, etc. 281-798-4100.
Web Reference:  http://margie.garygreene.com