We are thinking about buying a mobile home in Pinellas County in a park where we rent the land, not own it. We are interested in the pros and cons.

Asked by Beachlover, Oldsmar, FL Tue Feb 14, 2012

Answers

1
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Beachlover,
When you buy a mobil in a park where you rent the land not own it, basically you are buying a vehicle. It is not considered "real property" and the title for the mobile is like the title for a motor vehicle. Check out insurance also. Depending on the age many insurance companies will not insure them. The mobile depreciates, it does not go up in value, though the rental fee may.

The plus side.....may be the only way to get into a property...would suggest it be your last resort.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance. As a licensed Real Estate Professional, since this type of mobile is not considered real property, I would not be able to negotiate a contract for you. Most likely you will have to deal with the head of the park or the homeowner directly. You might want to look at what kind of Condos you could find in the same price range.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155