We are seeking an owner finance or wrap loan situation. We have good credit and 20% , but don't have the long term job history or stream of

Asked by riogrande888, Chapel Hill, NC Sun Sep 16, 2012

income to qualify for a bank loan right now. We seek a nice 3 bed, 2 bath home with a yard, between 1500- 2000 sq ft or so, in a good area. How do we go about finding some of these deals? It would seem people might be motivated as a way to sell their house, given the soft market. We are interested in the Sierra Foothills area, but are flexible. Country living would be great.

Answers

6
Eddie Martini, Agent, Auburn, WA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Where you able to purchase last year or are you still in need of options?
Damon Conn, Other Pro, Auburn, WA
Wed Nov 7, 2012
If you are interested in our home we may be able to help. We are selling our home FSBO, however we don't have much equity, therefore maybe we could come up with a lease with option to buy or open to other ideas.

Our home is in Auburn, CA and is listed on Craigslist and Auburn Journal. Trying to get it on Trulia, although not sure if it worked. My number is 916-521-2448
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hello Rio Grande. Let me start out by saying that we dl not have a soft market. Due to low inventory we have a very competitive market. We also have a lot of home owners who have to do a short sale and for them on a carry back is not an option. Owner carry back is also not an option for those properties that are on the market and owned by the banks. Do due to the low inventory, the homeowners who have equity are typically not interested in offering owner financing. Additionally, those who would consider an owner carry back transaction, would most likely require more than 20 percent down.
Heather Bras…, Agent, Auburn, WA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi there!

I see you are moving from North Carolina, may I ask why the move? Are you changing jobs? When do you plan on moving? The above answers are great...While owner financing maybe challenging in this market, it is not impossible. How about a lease option? Your agent will have to do some digging, and it takes time to find the right home for you with the right terms. I myself did owner financing in the past... If you are not currently working with an agent, I would be happy to assist. Please email me your phone number and I will be in touch... Heather.Brashear@century21.com. Thanks and Good Luck! :)
Sherry Sabbah, Agent, Auburn, CA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
There are times that you would find opportunities to buy with seller financing, however our market has shifted to sellers market and sellers do not find the need to offer financing to perspective buyer.
Nice homes in good neighborhood do not stay in market, we are in a fast market>

Let me ask you what is your price range??

I will be glad to help you and keep you posted if seller financing becomes available.
Call me at 530-308-3898 to discuss your options.
Regards, Sherry
Teri Andrews…, Agent, Auburn, CA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi

There are still some owners willing to provide owner financing with a good down payment.

I have one in escrow right now and another seller willing to do owner financing.

Your real estate agent can do a specific search for properties offering owner financing in the area you are looking, just be patient.