celeste94110, Home Buyer in Alameda, CA

We are renting a home in Alameda, CA and was told it was bought by bank at auction. How much was it sold for?

Asked by celeste94110, Alameda, CA Thu Sep 6, 2012

Answers

4
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Either the house was purchased by a third party buyer as an investment or it was purchased by the bank to protect their loan. In either event, the price is not relevant to you since you will not be able to buy it for that price.
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
I have another question...

You said you were "told it was bought by a bank at auction"

Since you are renting the place, did you receive any type of notice posted on your door? Usually, in the case of foreclosure, the bank will post something to let the residents know if they need to vacate.

And....what type of lease do you have on your place? If you have a month-to-month, and depending on the buyer, you may want to consider locating a replacement rental. But if you have a longer lease in writing, the buyer may need to honor that lease, unless they are going to be owner-residents in which case they will need to give you notice to vacate. Depending on how long you've resided there, it could be 30 - 60 days.
Dania Alvarez, Agent, Alameda, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Celeste, Jean has answered your question best: an address is needed in order to provide you a response. Am happy to help if Jean is not available, Dania
Jean Powers, Agent, Castro Valley, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hi Celeste....In order to answer your question I need to know the address.
Have a wonderful day. Contact me if you need any other help....Jean