We are planning to move to Miami with a 6 month baby and bring her up teher. Which pRT OF THE CÄ°TY WOULD BE

Asked by Hatice Ozman, Miami, FL Sun Apr 27, 2008

the most desirabel with safety and education and nice people around qualities and not very far to drive to south beach or anyother area /you would suggest) where a success promising restaurant or fast food type of business can be launched

Answers

16
Paul Estrada, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Wed Apr 30, 2008
You say "good areas for homes for sale around 130-150.000 USD singl family homes" I can tell you that there is no "good" or safe area that can offer a home in Miami for that price range. I'm not even sure you can find a home in that price range in a "bad" area anymore :-)
Andre Shambl…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue May 13, 2008
Miami-Dade has many desirable communities to raise a family. From Aventura, up north, to Pinecrest, down south, you have many communities to choose from.

Evenmore, now that housing prices are steadily decreasing buying a home in Miami is becoming affordable. Two of my listings are currently priced at $156,300 & $160,000. One is in a gated community. If you would like assistance with your home search please feel free to visit my website or send me an email: AndreShambley@keyes.com
Ines Hegedus…, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon Apr 28, 2008
And Bay Harbor Islands has the lowest crime rate per capita in South Florida - not bad!
Lyanne M Rog…, , 33134
Sun Apr 27, 2008
Ms. Ozman,

In Miami, there are some great areas to raise a family. Since I was born and raised here myself, I would suggest Coral Gables or South Miami/Pinecrest because of their clean and safe environments.

Coral Gables can also offer a successful space for a future restaurant in its business district that often bustles at peak times during the lunch and dinner hours. I was raised in the Gables, and enjoyed very much my surroundings of quiet pedestrian friendly streets and beautiful homes that I credit to the city’s continued upkeep.

As for South Miami and Pinecrest areas, they boast some of the best schools in the state as well as great residential surroundings. On the commercial side, South Miami has an area of delicious restaurants and nice boutiques, which will welcome new establishments.

The areas I mentioned about an easy 20 minute ride to Miami Beach on the expressway. They are very central locations in the heart of Miami.

For more information about anything in Miami, feel free to contact me.

Lyanne M Roger
EWM Realtors
Web Reference:  http://www.ewm.com
George Sauvi…, Agent, Miami Beach, FL
Sun Jun 1, 2008
Miami Shores, the "Crown Jewel" of the Upper East Side of Miami (along the shores of Biscayne Bay, north of downtown Miami) might be a great place to check out. VERY family friendly, with a variety of homes and price ranges, wonderfull "small town" charm in the middle of a vast and booming metropolitan area. Many new cafes and restaurants are "popping up" along Biscayne Blvd in the newly designated "MiMo District" Yet the area is only 5 minutes to the Design District, 15 minutes to Lincoln Road on South Beach, 20 minuets to Coconut Grove and Coral Gables, and 20 minutes or so to Ft. Lauderdale! South Beach, especially the "South of Fifth" area is attracting more and more families with young children who are still desiring the "urban lifestyle" but with palm trees! But housing is much more upscale, and expensive, and a "start up" restaurant would be an expensive proposition there as well. Coral Gables and Pinecrest are also great destinations for upscale family living. I've recently place two families relocating to Miami area in Palmetto Bay, just south of Pinecrest. Great Schools, great neighborhoods for kids, but a little more "isolated" from the excitement of Miami Beach.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Jun 1, 2008
Hatice,
There are many wonderful neighborhood for family living. We would refer you to the local police department or county sheriff's department for the answers to your safety concerns. They have access to both accurate and current information and normally are willing to share it.

The "Eckler Team"
Evelina Tsig…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Sun May 25, 2008
I live in Sunny Isles Beach. I love our city! If you Google Sunny Isles Beach - you can find everything about this little city located minutes away from Aventura, Bal Harbour, South Beach and Fort Lauderdale. Your child is 6 months old. In a few years you need to find a school for your child. Sunny Isles Beach New School will be open August 2008. What can be better? Live in South Florida, walk to the beach, be close to major roads and cities, airports and enjoy quiet city Sunny Isles Beach?!
If you have any questions - give us a call or visit our website http://www.SIBRealty.com - search for condos for sale, houses for sale or rentals for free. We hope you find your future home and love Florida like we do.
Evelina Tsigelnitskaya and Valeria Mola 305-931-6931 SIB Realty Sunny Isles Beach.
Web Reference:  http://www.SIBRealty.com
Danay Cardona, , Miami, FL
Fri May 23, 2008
I am not a real estate professional, I have a company called South Florida Baby Planners, where I serve as a consultant for families with questions such as yours. First of all, it depends on your budget. Coral Gables, Pinecrest and Palmetto Bay are wonderful towns to raise a family in. The homes are a bit pricey and they are located in the southern part of Miami Dade County. They are located about 45min.. from South Beach and approx. 25-30 min from Key Biscayne. Which brings me to the other location that is located more or less in the central part of the county in a beach town and minutes away from downtown, south beach ect. This is Key Biscayne. All these neighborhoods have A schools, great parks and plenty of activities for the family. Most importantly the crime rate is very low. I love Miami Beach but it is a bit busy, and wild for raising a family. http://www.SouthFloridaBabyPlanners.com
Jacqueline R…, , South Beach, OR
Thu May 15, 2008
South Beach is definately the place to be. South of Fifth is the neighborhood and you should be looking at least $300k for a nice condo there. You are close to the beach, marina, shopping and restaurants. There is new retail space in the newer ultra luxurious buildings that are just being completed. The caliber of people is high end but there are many full time residents there in that neighborhood. A coffee or small deli/grocery like Dean and DeLuca's is needed. Call me or goto my website for info, I would be happy to help!
Meg, , Downtown Miami, Miami, FL
Wed May 14, 2008
If you want to open a restaurant, I suggest to look in downtown. Thousands of residential units are going up there and there are only a small handful of dinner places in the area. Most are in the $$$$ category so there is really an opening for more casual less pricey dining. For lunch, there is a lot of competition but if you have a unique idea and good advertising, there is always a chance at success. Gables and the beach have way too much competition to bother.
Lisa, , Denver, CO
Tue May 6, 2008
The best part of Miami to raise a baby, is not in Miami. It is not at all family friendly. Miami is a party town, and unless you have A LOT of money, there are no good areas to live, that have good schools, and parks, and activities.... I had a baby 19 months ago, when I lived in Miami. I knew I had to leave and I did, and i'm so glad I did. I live in Denver, which is not for everyone, but it really is great, as far as family focus goes.
Hatice Ozman, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Than k you everyone fro your insights
May I request that you send me listings for good areas for homes for sale around 130-150.000 USD singl family homes with a garden and rentals for a short period around 800-1000 with 2 bedrooms email me at hatice.ozman@ozman.com.tr thanks
Ty Forkner, Agent, Miami Beach, FL
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Good Afternoon,

I work in the Miami Beach area and specialize in commercial retail for the area. What will most determine where you want to live is probably what is your price range for the both the restaurant and your future home. I would say most families who live in the area prefer private schools as to public. But price will ultimately dictate where you finally choose. Miami Beach and Surfside have great value and so does Miami Shores, Bay Point and most of the other areas that were suggested. Also keep in mind the added carrying costs of a home in these areas, wind insurance is a huge cost for homeowners. What type of restaurant are you looking to open? Will it target tourists or locals? If you dont have a price range, I suggest one of the islands, Sunset, Palm, Star or Venetian or Bay Point. All our great communities. If you like condo living and want to stay off Miami Beach, Brickell Key is great and have all a variety of price ranges. Although Coral Gables has the most beautiful homes in Miami, the area is a bit far from Miami Beach with traffic taken into consideration. Miami Shores is a great place for single family homes with prices starting in the $600,000's for a decent home. They also have townhomes that start in the $300,000's. Bay Point is a great area, it is gated, and have some of the best homes I have seen. Up the road is a wonderful area which has been established as the Upper East Side. Mark Soyka has made a wonderful niche in the middle of the city. He has Soyka's, Andiamo, Sushi Siam and other locals have made this a staple for the surrounding communities. I hope this info has helped to give you more of an insight on the areas the others have mentioned.
Jonathan Bon…, Both Buyer And Seller, Bay Harbor Islands, FL
Mon Apr 28, 2008
I currently live in Bay Harbor Islands, and with the close proximity to the beach, a great community feel and an A rated elementary school with a near completed addition...Bay Harbor Islands is a great place to live. The homes may be a bit pricy, but a 2 bedroom condo on the water (which have come way down in price) may work for you and your family.

best of luck with your new baby...
Ines Hegedus…, Agent, Miami, FL
Sun Apr 27, 2008
Hatice,
What a great surprise to come answer your question and find the nice recommendation from our colleague Terry from The Schaffer Realty Group.

A very selfish side of me tell me to let you know about the most incredible kept secret in Miami known as Miami Shores, but the professional side of me knows that this would not only violate Fair Housing Laws, but would also be a disservice to you.

Miami is full of amazing neighborhoods with everything you mention, but as Terry said, you really need to do your homework first.
On our website, we have highlighted "featured neighborhoods" with all kinds of useful information that you may find helpful. Also visit Miami, ask around, get a feel for the area and the distances.

Come back to Trulia and let us know if you have any particular questions, I'm sure many will jump in to help.
Web Reference:  http://www.miamism.com
M, , Florida
Sun Apr 27, 2008
Dear Hatice,
I will tell you very humbly that you really need to do your homework first. You are covering a very large area with so many options. I wonder if the first thing would be to locate the best place for your restaurant so then you can determine how far you are willing to travel back and forth everyday. I know the most successful restaurants are those were the owners are on site most of the time which means you need to as close as possible to enjoy your family. I recommend that you call a very trust professional. Her name is INES HEGEDUS-GARCIA. We have enjoyed working with her and her husband.

COLDWELL BANKER RES. R.E. INC.
305.758.2323 office
305.206.9366 mobile
E-mail: ines@Miamism.com

We are always available to discuss things and help. We understand the big picture of the Miami market, however Ines is the best in the area.

Best of Luck and congratulations on your baby!!
The Schaffer Realty Group
email me at my office manager: terry@marianschaffer.com