We are planning to buy a house in MSJ gomes elementary area in Fremont. Is it true that Gomes school may be taken out of MSJ sooner or later?

Asked by SB73, Fremont, CA Mon Feb 10, 2014

Answers

9
Surinder Gill, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Feb 26, 2014
This discussion has been going on for a long time about moving Gomes out of Mission, however as of right now Gomes will not be going anywhere,the only reason you hear this is due to Gomes being on the boarder of Mission. This could change in the future, I have lived in Mission since 1997, the only school that was moved out of Mission was Weibel. If you have any other questions you can email me.
Rumors are just rumors, go to the Fremont School District Website to find out if they are planning to redraw the attendance areas. http://www.fremont.k12.ca.us/Page/14
An attendance area is a geographic designation that includes a high school, a junior high school, and several elementary schools. Fremont is divided into five attendance areas whose boundaries are drawn in an attempt to equalize the enrollment at each of the area schools. The five attendance areas are named after the high school of the area."
Flag Sun May 25, 2014
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
I have not heard anything like this but for my information I am going to do some home work on it. This will be a concern to me as well.
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Feb 11, 2014
No. They would have to go through a lot of hoops to do that and you would know about it well before. Email me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Hi SB73,

Very doubtful, but here's the historical story:
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/Heard_about_Mission…
Always the very best resources, Steve!
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
I am unaware of any current buzz relative to moving Gomes Elementary School out of the Mission San Jose High School attendance area.
Lubna Sheikh, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
These rumors were around a few years back, honestly only the Fremont School
Dist. would know. If you look at the map Gomes is closer in distance to Hopkins Junior High and Mission High School compared to some other elementary schools.... At this point I don't think
there is any High School in Fremont that can take that load.
Good Luck! I know exactly what you mean.....I went through the process when Weibel that
was part of Mission High was taken out and moved to Irvington High.
Andrew Hong, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
I've heard of this before as well. I myself grew up in Fremont in an area that was re-zoned. The neighborhood that I had grown up in had attended Mission San Jose High school. Unfortunately, due to boundary changes it had been changed to Irvington High School. Parents all over the neighborhood were very distraught and their home values were significantly impacted. I know that back in 2007 the FUSD had some serious meetings debating potential options for impacted schools in the MSJ area. One of those options were to move Gomes elementary attendance zone to Kennedy. However, this was just an option. Since then, I have not heard or cannot find any re-emerging news regarding this matter. If a rumor like this had any potential to become true, you would likely hear about it in the news or from neighbors as there would be a lot of unhappy people. If you want some more concrete evidence, I would suggest contacting the FUSD directly and doing some more investigative work.
Prices only went down by 10-12% but today those prices are up, up, up and Irvington has great scores and has become very desirable
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Sunil Sethi, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
I have not heard these rumors. FUSD has rezoned school assignments in the past and anything is possible. Talk to people at the district so discover if this is being discussed. If it were to happen, there will be a lot of angry parents the supervisor will have to deal with.

Good luck on your house hunt.
Web Reference:  http://www.sunilsethi.com
Michael Tess…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
I have been selling real estate in Fremont since the age of 19 and now 30 years later the same rumor is still being spread. It always a possibility but no one can tell you for sure as it would be decided year by year but again I have heard this now for well over 20 years and the children still are going to Gomes and it is still in the Fremont Unified School District and still in the 94539 zip code and still in the Mission San Jose High School area as well as Hopkins JR High. If you are able to purchase in that area then I would suggest getting involved and staying involved to STOP any action by the school district to make these changes that is what has happened in the past and I would presume would happen again should they try and make any changes. Hope this helps