We are planning on buying a new home from the builder. Any agent /broker willing to give us buyer rebate?

Asked by SRBuyer2012, San Ramon, CA Mon Jul 9, 2012

Answers

13
M White’s answer
M White, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Sun Aug 26, 2012
Thank you for your question,

I have worked with many new home builders, and as metioned by one of the builder reps below, having a Realtor with you upon the first visit is standard procedure. However, the BUYER ALWAYS has the final say. There are many benefits to having a Realtor work with you in your New Home purchase.

Let's talk and discuss how you would like to move forward, and how I can help.

All the best to you and yours,

Michelle White
408-849-6507
mwhitewhiteconsultant@gmail.com
Therese & Gl…, Agent, Danville, CA
Fri Jun 27, 2014
Our policy is a 50% rebate on commissions offered by builders (they always handle the escrow part, so less work for us). Several of the comments mentioned about you needing to visit with an agent the first time around. This is correct in most cases. Some San Ramon builders are more flexible than others. KB, Shapell/Toll, and others may or may not pay an agent if you already visited, but the market is cooling a bit with all the new homes being built and higher inventory, so your chances are improving. Some of them will also add some closing cost credits and upgrades if you or your agent can work it.
, ,
Thu Sep 12, 2013
I am independent real estate broker, of 31 years of experience, and I'll be glad to give you a credit to cover all your closing costs, I can personally assist you with all your real estate need, I've been a mortgage banker for the past 25 years. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Patty Balla…, Agent, Danville, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Yes of course, New homes sales require the buyer to visit the homes with the agent on the first visit. The new home sales office will do the paper work and the agent will walk you through each step.
Patty Balla…, Agent, Danville, CA
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Lillie,
Its always a good idea to have your own agent whose fiduciary duty is solely to you. if its new home sales or resales, insist on representation.
Patty Ballard
ReMax Accord
Danville, CA. 94526
925-997-7855
Lillie Missb…, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Wed Jul 11, 2012

Did you find your agent that will help you negotiate with the builders as of yet? Please give me a call if you still need assistance.

Lillie Missbrenner
Better Homes and Garden
SRBuyer2012, Home Buyer, San Ramon, CA
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Thank you all for providing the input!!
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jul 10, 2012
SRBuyer2012:

First, since you already visited the site without a chosen Realtor® there is a low probability the Builder will honor the 3% co-op. You might consider calling the sales office to ask them whether "your Realtor®" can still represent you and the 3% co-op is still available.

Assuming the "Realtor® 3% co-op" is off the table, I would suggest you review the following so you are aware of what you will be taking on:

"Why You Do Need A Realtor® When Buying From A Builder"
http://docs.Steven-Anthony.com/BuilderRealtorAgent.pdf

Best, Steve
SRBuyer2012, Home Buyer, San Ramon, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Thank you all. It is a new home , builder is offering 3% co-op. When We visit the builder again, we would have to take an agent with us to get the 3% co-op. Ideally, we are looking to build the rebate into the contract and reduce the basis of the house.

Builder has several releases coming up and we are interested in the home coming up in one of the upcoming release,
Angel Hernan…, Agent, Concord, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Feel free to call me to contact me to discuss a referral fee.
Taj Weldon, Agent, Tracy, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Yes, but of you have already visited the new home office , they may not allow you to bring in a co-op agent.

Have you already signed a contract to purchase?

And will your lender allow a closing rebate/credit at escrow?

Taj Weldon
DRE 01816152
209-740-4176
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
First, will the builder allow co-op agreement with an outside realty office?

If so, how much is the builder's co-op? Some builder pay selling brokerages a 3% commission. And most builders prefer to use their own purchase agreement which usually was prepared to favor the builder. Make sure you read the fine print about what happens to your deposit if you decide to back out.

The rebate could be in the form of a referral fee which is usually 25% of the selling side commission. If that is the case, this should be very do-able. Finding the property and writing an offer is just the beginning of the selling process...the work comes once you're in escrow.
Christy Brock, Agent, Alameda, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
How much of a rebate do you want?