We are moving to Portland and need advice on the best neighborhoods to look at.

Asked by Queenannecondoowner, Seattle, WA Mon Sep 7, 2009

We are 30 something professionals who would like this in a neighborhood: safe neighborhood where kids can grow up, charming community with restaurants, shops closeby, $300,000's price range. Flexible on where to live around Portland, but ideally on the eastside but not mandatory.

Answers

8
D, , Oregon
Mon Sep 14, 2009

We are all different. Therefore we will all have unique answers. Posting your question is a great idea but it is also hard for you to get to know our personalities. What one may like may not parallel your ideal thoughts of where you would like to live. Personally, if I were moving, I would go visit some of the areas..maybe to to lunch in that area where I can get a feel of atmosphere and have a live conversation with a variety of individuals. People are smart; I think you could get a consistency of opinion (from those you think may parallel your views as well).

Crystal Beard
Ambient Home Lending ~ 50% Off Special - SEE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS
http://www.ambientlending.com
Toll Free 877-777-9763
Lending througout the State Of Oregon
June Lizotte,…, , Portland, OR
Tue Sep 8, 2009
Hi There QueenAnneCondoOwner,

As you can see many of us are willing and by reading our bios you'll be able to choose who might be the right match for you.

We are under restriction by real estate law (with the penalty of revokation of license) for steering you to any particular community. There are ways I can show you a variety of homes matching you very specific criteria with my Home Finder System which generates emails to you as soon as homes matching your criteria are made available ont he RMLS. I can also send you links to sites that will help you check crime stats, school report cards, community ammenities and such. If you would like my customized services provided to you I welcome your email to jlizotte@prunw.com or call me at 503-212-2727. I have the most cutting edge tools available to help you see what the market value of homes of specific neighborhoods average. I can also provide reports generated based on specific locations so you can see which homes have sold and for how much. If you think you like a neighborhood, you can then begin investigations (with my help) to learn all about it.

Best of Portland,

June Lizotte, Real Estate Broker
Providing REAL Service
Prudential NW Properties
6400 SE Lake Rd., Suite 200
Portland, OR 97222

I have a relocation resource list ready to send your way. Contact me directly
Web Reference:  http://www.junelizotte.com
Kevin Levy, Agent, Portland, OR
Mon Sep 7, 2009
The Eastside is where I live and I love it. A few neighborhoods that are my personal favorites for so many reasons are... Buckman, Laurelhurst, Irvington, Alberta Arts, Mt. Tabor and Hawthorne.
You can read an in-depth article of these and many other of your favorite Portland neighborhoods which includes many of the local walkable places of interest, the history and the school districts that they lie in:
http://relocationtoportland.com/portland-neighborhoods/

Here is a direct link to view all Portland homes for sale in those neighborhoods,
http://relocationtoportland.com/search/

I have been a Portland Relocation specialist since day one as a licensed Realtor and would be happy to help you out with every aspect of your move. I designed my website to specifically cater to people relocating to Portland Oregon. You are welcome to call me anytime, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Levy
503-267-7535
M Realty
Phil Anderson, , Portland, OR
Mon Sep 7, 2009
Good morning, Anne.

You are going to have SO much fun looking for houses in that price range! As you read below, there are many eclectic areas on the east side that offer what you are looking for.

I'm sure all the agents who have answered are professional and qualified to assist you, and I know Carla personally and know that she'll do a bang up job for you.

Good luck and remember to have fun!

Phillip Anderson
Owner/Broker
New Portland Home
phil@NewPortlandHome.com
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Mon Sep 7, 2009
Hi Queen Anne . . . I'm sure you'll be getting a flood of answers. My office represents buyers, exclusively. Without sounding too grandeous, I assist quite a few relocation buyers. Matter of fact . . . just assisted a buyer from the East coast and we looked on the eastside, extensively. I'd be happy talk to you, off-board, through email or via phone about my take on what's going on in the Metro Portland market (as it relates to eastside), and the market in general.

Please feel free to email me (or call) and I'd be happy to consult.

Carla Muss-Jacobs, ABR, CEBA, e-Pro, Realtor(r)
Broker/Owner
EBA Portland, LLC
Exclusive Buyers' Agent
Assisting Buyers in Metro Portland since 1999
http://www.EBAPortland.com
Email: EBAPortland@gmail.com
Kelly Staffo…, Agent, Portland, OR
Mon Sep 7, 2009
Alameda/Beaumont, Sellwood/Westmoreland, Division, Hawthorne/Belmont. It really depends on what character of neighborhood you want. Some areas are more eclectic then others, all are great neighborhoods. I live in North Portland and love its character and the secret that is North Portland! What is most important: best rated schools? Walk score? Vegan/Vegetarian availability? Grocery Co-ops/Farmers Markets? Once you know this, a good Realtor can point you in the right direction.

If you need a Realtor to help guide you to neighborhoods that best meet your needs and to ask the questions to help you determine that, give me a ring!
Linda Heinri…, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Mon Sep 7, 2009
Congratulations on a great choice to call your new home. I have been in love with Portland since moving here some 25 years ago. Choices, choices . . . there are so many great neighborhoods to call home it can be tough to choose. The two biggest requests I receive from relocating clients are good schools (with or without children as it affects value) and short commutes. Then we add in all the other things like price, must haves in a home, community amenities and feel and voilà you are off on the next exciting adventure.

If you are looking for a relocation expert that knows all the neighborhoods in the Portland Metro and surrounding areas, please feel free to call. Relocating can be one of the most exciting and frustrating times of your life, letting someone who knows all of the terrain help you along the way will make this an enjoyable experience and help you find the best place for you to call home.

http://www.relocatetopdx.com
Web Reference:  http://www.pdxrelo.com
Julie Early, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Mon Sep 7, 2009
In the SE section of town you can look in the Sellwood, Westmoreland, neighborhoods, in the NE part of town try Beumont or Hollywood.
I have no doubt that you will find what you are looking for. Portland has a lot of distinctive, charming neighborhoods that have a safe but urban setting.
Good luck with your hunt. If you are not yet working with a realtor, consider working with a HASSON agent.
Thanks.
Julie Early
Broker
Hasson Company Realtors
503-957-4450