We are moving to Boston and looking in the Medfield, Walpole, Norfolk area and looking for a real estate agent to view homes with.

Asked by Boston_or_bust, Boston, MA Fri Jul 15, 2011

We'd like the agent to have real market knowledge of the area with a resume that supports that. I'll be commuting to south station area of Boston and we have two young children. Our timing to buy is most likely this fall, we have a 4 bedroom requirement, prefer newer construction. I will discuss budget at a later time. We are open to suggestions on different areas, but value, commute, lot size and schools are all important. We look forward to hearing from you.

Answers

13
Fanniti, Home Buyer, Walpole, MA
Sat Aug 22, 2015
Hi am not an agent, I just got my home in Walpole. My agent is Petrina Floody, I just want to tell you she is the best person you can work with. Buying a house is not as easy as we think, she makes it easy and fun!!! If you really want to buy with out any headache give a chance to Petrina! Good luck!!!
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Sun Sep 11, 2011
This all sounds great! As a professional I can tell you the most important piece is to find yourself an EXCLUSIVE BUYER BROKER, an agent who does NOT take listings. An exclusive buyer broker is an agent who only works with home buyers, never sellers. It will guarantee both you and your agents interests are aligned throughout the purchase process.

In regards to your areas of interest, we can help you as experts in all those areas. In addition to our expertise as exclusive buyer brokers in your locations we also work on a flat fee. That means we will rebate you a large portion of our commission at closing give you cash to reinvest in your home. More importantly the flat fee further guarantees our interests in you finding the home you want regardless of your price range.

We hope to hear from you!

http://www.territory.com
Web Reference:  http://www.territory.com
Petrina Floo…, Agent, Westwood, MA
Wed Sep 7, 2011
With just shy of 3000 children enrolled in the Medfield public schools, you quickly see why Medfield is spending their town resources on open spaces for parks, soccer and baseball fields. This community has an arsenal of parent volunteers that support their children and their educators, making it one of the most sought after family communities for people relocating out of Boston.

Hi Boston or Bust,

Medfield has the best school system by far. Over 50% of the 3,486 households have children under the age of 18. The average grade has approximately 220 students and the small classroom sizes are summarized below:

Memorial School (Grades K-1) 18-19
  Wheelock School (Grades 2-3) 20-23
  Dale Street School (Grades 4-5) 21-23
  Blake Middle School (Grades 6-8) 19-24
  High School (Grades 9-12)   Varies *

The children are brought together as a class in kindergarten and stay as one cohesive grade unit that moves through the three elementary schools. The schools are organized by grades: K & 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 4th & 5th.
Compared to a regional elementary school system, this system provides constant grade unity through high school. Medfield High School is a Blue Ribbon Award recipient !

Call me if you would liek to see several 4 bedroom new construction not yet listed on MLS.

Good luck to you and your family,

Petrina
Marie Zorn, Agent, Medfield, MA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hi Boston, also I have been a Medfield resident since 1996, both my boys went thru school system and got into competitve colleges. The Walpole station is 7 minutes if you live in so. end of Medfield and to Needham or Wellsley (20 minutes to Woodland) and Needham closer. There are shortcuts from Medfield to avoid Rt 109 so its a non-issue. I do both all the time. I have helped families move from Westwood to Medfield. I have started clients looking in all the above towns and they have ended up here because they see the value, pricing difference, location and lifestyle. Town offers a swim pond and Kingsbury Club, Medfield After School program, New 'N Town, Montrose School for Girls, Zullo Gallery for the Arts, Music and Coffee houses, farmers markets, many walkable n'hoods to town and schools. Hope this helps! Can I help you with anything else today?
ps- check out my biz FB page which has same name as my Blog: MedfieldtoMedwayHomes
Marie Zorn, Agent, Medfield, MA
Sun Jul 17, 2011
MEDFIELD is a very active town. The town has the highest amount of residents under the age of 18 in Massachusetts; eighty-five percent of the population is under 45. We are a vibrant little town, always growing in size and new things to do. All four seasons can be enjoyed in Medfield, each offering different indoor and outdoor fun for all in town.
SEASONAL ACTIVITIES:
Winter in MEDFIELD brings many activities. Over in Rocky Woods snow lovers enjoy snow shoeing and cross country skiing. Next to “Forty Acres” park by the Medfield State Hospital is Hospital Hill. Residents gather for great sledding, it’s steep enough to make you scream, but not too steep that the littlest Medfielders wouldn’t go down. It’s a real blast. On cold, winter days, you can often see citizens ice skating on Kingsbury Pond, which is always cleared off for an impromptu hockey game. During the busy holiday season, you can find local churches and merchants offering hot cocoa and caroling at the Baxter Park tree lighting. Lord’s Department Store, a quaint, vintage store downtown, hold’s their Midnight Madness sale during this time as well. Standing room only! Santa visits Medfield for a spaghetti dinner annually.
For those who like to avoid the outside cold during winter months, there is hope still. There are great things to do indoors all year round. Medfield has many restaurants in town ranging from the very casual Friendly’s and Noon Hill Grill to the elegance of Zebra’s and Basils. In town breakfast eats include Blue Moon Bakery, offering many organic and expertly crafted food choices, and Donut Express, a favorite local donut shoppe that offers delicious coffee and bakery items. Tic Toc and Dunkie’s as well . Shopping in the newly renovated Shaw’s Plaza is a breeze and Marshall’s always has great deals on designer clothing. Let’s not forget Medfield is only a quick 15 minute drive from what I call, “the regions Shopping Destination,” Natick. If you can’t find it in Natick, it doesn’t exist. The Natick Collection is a wonderful modern galleria, including stores such as Nordstrom’s and Neiman Marcus!
In the springtime you begin to see people all over the Boston area reacquainting themselves with the Charles. Medfield is part of the massive Charles River watershed system, with both the Charles and Stop River’s running through Medfield, it is a great place to canoe, kayak and fish. The river valley has a gorgeous annual bloom where millions of vibrant flowers turn the river landscape many shades of purple. Medfield is home to many ponds as well, Cemetery Pond has an annual fishing derby held by the local chapter of the Lion’s club, and Hinckley Pond, the local swimming hole, provides clean, safe summer recreation for adults and children alike. It is also the home of our local swim team, and provides a fantastic playground for the smaller children. The town recreation department offers fun, year round activities for all age groups, from young children to seniors. Metacoment Park is home to our Youth Baseball League where the kids get to play under the bright lights. Metacomet also offers lighted tennis courts, playground, batting cages and fields to practice and play soccer/lacrosse. Both of these parks are walking distance to town. Another popular park is “Forty Acres,” located next to the Medfield State Hospital. The park includes six more baseball diamonds, and three soccer lacrosse/fields.
Summer: Many choose to stay in Medfield for the summer. The Medfield Fire Dept. hosts their annual Chicken BBQ during these hot days. The kids come out to climb on the fire trucks and ambulances, as well as learn valuable fire safety information. The adults have a good time chatting and eating, the firemen know how to cook their chicken, and it is always delicious. For those who do like to escape to Cape Cod’s beautiful beaches, it’s only about an hour away. Beaches equally distant are those in Rhode Island. However, the kids can always bike right over to Hinkley Pond for a quick dip in the water.
The annual Medfield Day celebration in the fall brings people from all over the area for a day of free-fun, filled with pony rides, face painting and dunk the principal and fire chief! Great food is served up from the town’s restaurants and cultural organizations. Many local organizations are in town and include: The Lions Club, Darrah Hannah Women’s Club, CSA, and New ‘N Town which are often made up of dedicated volunteers. Medfield has loads of open space for walking, hiking, taking out the family dog, and fishing at places like Rocky Woods, Harding Street Farm, and the Wheelock soccer fields, once used by Walt Disney to land his helicopter while vacationing in town.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
They are all good areas and depending on your budget you may get the newer construction.. Again depending on your budget Needham is a great location. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Louis
Web Reference:  http://www.LouisWolfson.net
Michael Lefe…, Agent, Westborough, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
Hello Boston_or_bust-

Norfolk and Walpole both have MBTA Commuter Rail stations right in town and depending what time of day you leave, can get you into South Station in under an hour (http://mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=FRANKLIN). I built a new home in Norfolk in December of 2002, have two young kids in the school system, and have recently helped buyer clients of mine buy a new home in Canterberry Estates (http://canterburyestatesnorfolk.com), a neighborhood from which you can actually WALK to the train. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call (617.828.4127). Good luck with the house hunt!

-Mike
Deborah Feld…, Agent, Framingham, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
I am a relocation specialist in the Metrowest area. The towns that you have mentioned are very nice, but as mentioned by the other agents, they do not have an easy commute to Boston. The towns that I recommend are Natick, Framingham, Southborough, Ashland, Graftton, and Westborough. These towns all have easy access to the commuter rail into Boston (South Station). Based on your price range, you will find newer construction in Natick, Ashland, Grafton, Southborough, and Westborough.

I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you and discuss more of your search criteria and budget..
Kathy Stanka…, Agent, Franklin, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
Hello--It helps that you specified where you will need to commute for your work. There are many young families that choose the towns of Franklin or Walpole due to the MBTA commuter rail stations and the highway proximity. Norfolk is not quite as popular due to its being somewhat removed from convenient highway access. Many feel the same about Medfield lacking an easy commute access however Medfield has become extremely inflated in their home prices with 4 bedroom new construction starting in the $900,000 range.
Please feel free to check out http://www.schooldigger.com or http://www.greatschools.org for more school data. Feel free to access my blog on Franklin area resources and information at http://www.franklinmahomes.com/blog.
I service the surrounding towns of Medfield, Holliston, Hopkinton, Walpole, Wrentham, Norfolk and Franklin and my testimonials are available for your review. Thanks and good luck in your search but I hope to assist you further.
Kyle and Les…, Agent, Weston, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
Hopkinton was included in Newsweek's list of top high schools in the country, ranks highly in Boston Magazine's ranking of top Massachusetts public high schools, and received an honorable mention in US News & World Report's ranking of the top high schools in the country. You can also find school ranking info -- and parents' reviews of schools -- at greatschools.org.

More info about Hopkinton & surrounding burbs in this Wall Street Journal article
Kyle and Les…, Agent, Weston, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
You can also find lots of info about school rankings at http://blog.realestateinmetrowestboston.com/relocating-to-th… and info about commuting to South Station at http://www.positiverelocation.com/tour-communities.php.

A few other suggestions of communities that have highly rated schools & decent commute to South Station include Hopkinton & Southborough.
Kyle and Les…, Agent, Weston, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
Hi - Walpole & Norfolk are a bit out of my area, but one of my colleagues who lives in that area can assist you & is fantastic. Please feel free to contact me through my website http://www.positiverelocation.com.
Christine Sm…, Agent, Canton, MA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
First of all, good luck with your home search! Your best reference for school data is either the State website or http://www.greatschools.org. The areas you mention all have good schools but different people value different qualities in a school so it's important to do research whether it is MCAS data or class size or just to find out what parents in those towns are saying. As to value, generally speaking, the further out from Boston you go, the more value you can get for your money with a bigger lot size too. The tradeoff is commute time so I would suggest also discussing which of these is more important to you - although it may change as you go through the process. I am an Exclusive Buyer Agent (meaning I do not represent Sellers and do not take listings) and regularly help buyers in Norfolk County. I would direct you to my website (below) as well as to my blog and other online profiles that are linked in my website for more information. I would be happy to meet with you to determine if we would be a good fit.