We are loving to Iowa city and looking for houses now. I found most house under

Asked by Fang Chen, Nashville, TN Fri Apr 18, 2008

500k are built by Vinyl, which looked very cheap. Is there any more problems with Vinyl house than brick house. Scondly, I noticed some new constructions have geotherrmal HVAC. How much does it cost? Does it worth? I notice house with this features are much more expensive.

Answers

4
Jeff Hutchis…, , Chicago, IL
Sat Jul 17, 2010
Hello Fang Chen, mortgage rates are at all time lows. Please visit my site for a rate check and quick quote with no social security numbers needed. I am in Iowa at 563-514-1222 if you have any questions. Link to local Iowa rates at http://www.current-mortgage-rates.net/iowa-current-mortgage-…
Gina Davis, Agent, Keosauqua, IA
Sun Jul 11, 2010
Mr. Chen,
If you prefer brick, there is a beautiful brick home at the S. end of Gilbert st. you may want to check out on the Iowa City MLS. If you decide you want to look at it, please contact me!
Gina Davis, Realtor
http://www.LandAndGame.com
gdavis@landandgame.com
Fax: 888-228-6786
Office: 319-385-3833
Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641

Gina Davis is a licensed
Real Estate Agent in IA with...
Cramer Real Estate
Keokuk, IA 52632
Main Office 319-524-1684

All listings Brokered by Cramer Real Estate
Licensed in Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri
Brad Houser, , Iowa City, IA
Thu Jan 1, 2009
Dear Mr Chen

Many of the homes in this price category have vinyl siding,but we do have many homes with Hardiplank siding which is a fiber cement siding material and very solid material

I am a lifelong 3 rd generation Iowa City native and the key to answering your question further is by breaking down what other factors and needs are important to you

Homes can be built with any quality of construction you desire but you might have to sacrifice some size to achieve a better quality home

Geothermal is a great product and is usually used in more higher priced homes because of the upfront cost to install. The systems can range from 25K-50K + and usually takes a 10 + year payback

We deal with 25-50 transactions per year in new construction while having a back round in construction of homes as well as multi-family developments

Please let me know if you would like some help answering your questions further in depth

Respectfully

Brad Houser
Licensed realtor in the state of Iowa
319-631-2492
Stephanie Ha…, , Sioux City, IA
Fri Apr 25, 2008
In the Midwest, we put a premium on vinyl siding; but in other parts of the country there are different preferences. Brick is very good - solid, a good insulator, more difficult to destroy! Contact me for an article I could send to you. Also, the geothermal HVAC units (the new ones) are worth their weight in gold. They provide very inexpensive alternatives to heating and cooling your home. They also cost more to install, which would drive the home prices with these units up a bit.