We are looking to relocate from Pflugerville (Austin) to an area similar in Portland Oregon.

Asked by Beth Fraze, Pflugerville, TX Sat Oct 27, 2012

I am a bilingual elementary teacher and my husband is a produce manager at HEB so both of our jobs are fairly easy to relocate (I hope). Is there an area in Portland that is bilingual/multicutural yet safe for our daughter...

Answers

6
Tom Inglesby’s answer
Tom Inglesby, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Oct 28, 2012
go to http://www.portlandmaps.com and this site shows crime statistics for Portland. If you want to know information about biingual areas you can see what schools have to offer a ESL classes. If you are wanting to go to a school that has a special language it is by lottery and if you are a minority you get a preference so you have a good chance to get it a special grade school. We have Japanese, Mandrin Chinese, spanish grade schools. Portland Public schools and beaverton and Hillsboro all have second langage schools. Good luck. Tom Inglesby
Linda Heinri…, Agent, Lake Oswego, OR
Fri Dec 7, 2012
On the West side I love Hillsboro and Bethany.
Dragos Tavir…, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Asking a realtor on a "safe" area would be a question you'll won't get a straight answer. Our clients need to do some research on their own regarding this city and its suburbs and there's plenty of online info for this. I sure can send you lots of links for this if you'd like. Please don't forget on the qualification aspect of the process because purchasing a property starts with a bank/mortgage company stop and not by looking for houses.
Marvin Von R…, Agent, Tigard, OR
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Mixing 'multi cultural' and a question of being 'safe' in the same conversation is something we cant/shouldnt do. Its walking a tight rope. I wouldnt want to be accused of any type of bias and would have to think about how to respond and IF I would respond to the question as its been asked.

What do all you real estate licensees think? Interest topic.
Becky and Ga…, Agent, Portland, OR
Sat Oct 27, 2012
We just helped a past client sell their home in Beaverton Oregon to relocate in Pflugerville. They were employed with Walmart. It was an easy transition for them because the two areas were similar. We have a great Austin Realtor connection that we would be happy to share with you.
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Sat Oct 27, 2012
It is easiest to check into areas you want to be in by looking on line at the statistics and information provided by the police force-it will be more accurate and you can choose from there easier-then trying to rely on an agent that may have personal preferences yet not be the preferences of your own!