We are looking to purchase in the NW, SW areas. I am not seeing any mention of HOA's. How do I found out if a HOA associated with a property?

Asked by lukefam6, Bakersfield, CA Fri Jun 1, 2012

Answers

6
Keithf, , San Jose, CA
Thu Jul 12, 2012
I invented a free service that will send out
100's of offers for you to find the most
motivated sellers, so you can save literally
tens of thousands of dollars. I highly
recommend you check it out...

http://www.wv1realty.com

Keith
Jodi Moore, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Any and all questions about a property will be answered by your Realtor. That is one of the most important steps in your home search, hiring a Realtor. The best part is as a buyer you get the repesentation for free! Your Realtor will have a consultation with you to find out all of your needs and help you to find the home that best meets your needs.
Dee Oliver, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Hi Luke,

Generally, the information is provided by the listing agent in the Bakersfield Multiple Listing Service. Your realtor would find that out for you. Further, if you decide to make an offer on a particular home, the seller is required to advise you of whether or not there is an HOA and you would be provided with the HOA rules, regulations and monthly fees through escrow. If you would like me to check some homes out for you, please call me and I will find out whether or not there is an HOA associated with the home(s) you are interested in. Hope this helps. 661-747-7763. Dee Oliver RE/MAX MAGIC, BAKERSFIELD.
Anna Hernand…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
If the MLS listing does not show the in the details that it is a HOA look for it to show a dollar amount to be paid to assoc. If you see neither then it is likely there is NO HOA. If you still suspect an HOA in the neighborhood, ask your realtor to look at other homes listed or recently sold in the area, to see if they disclose an HOA.

Anna
661-809-3388
Robert and D…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Hello Lukefam6,

Take a look at the listings on any site that is linked to our local MLS and they should all show if there is an HOA. This information is usually listed under "Disclosures".

Please see the web reference below for an example.

Robert and Dawn
Valerie Ulrey, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Lukefam6,
Are you currently working with a Realtor? If so and they are sending you listings via email, read the items in the "Property Information" section of the listing. You will see an item called "Monthly Association Dues" if there is an amount there, then the property is located in a home owner's association area. If there is nothing there, chances are it is not...
However, sometimes agents don't know the HOA fees, so also be sure to check below in the" Property Features" section. In that section you may see HOA in the Site Amenities item and there is also an item called the Assocation Features...

If you are not working with a Realtor in your home search, I would be happy to help you find your new home. I can set you up to received auto emails from the MLS once I know exactly what type of property is right for you and your family. Then we can set appointments and go see the ones you select. In today's market, you have to move quickly because of the competition!! The automated emails are a great way to see a property as soon as it comes available.

Feel free to email or call with any other questions!

Good luck in your home search,
Valerie