We are looking to purchase a rural property with a mature pond (stocked with fish) in central South Carolina. Any suggestions for keywords to use?

Asked by Fishermanssister, Orangeburg County, SC Sat May 1, 2010

Answers

3
Maureen Cody, , Charleston, SC
Mon May 3, 2010
Dear Fisherman's Sister,

I agree with the advice from the Urban Team - rather than taking your time on Internet searches, you'll find connecting with a local Realtor to be a better use of time. With the right agent, he/she can refine the searches and send you the matching results.

I wish you the best of luck.

Maureen
Search the Charleston SC MLS:
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat May 1, 2010
Fishermanssister,
As a buyer using public sites you are at a disadvantage in your search. The typical tools made available to the public are limited and you'll be wading through just about every waterfront home in S. Carolina to find the one you want.
I had a client looking for the same thing a few years back and I had a search set up for him that alerted me to every listing that had Fish, fishing, pond, private lake and a few other terms. I found a few that worked.
Find an agent familiar with the area you are interested in, preferably one who is a good negotiator and a fellow fisherman. They can set up a similar search and will have a good grasp on what you are looking for.
Daryl & Brig…, Agent, Garden City, KS
Sat May 1, 2010
Instead of searching for the property, you should start by searching for a local Buyers Agent. If you are going to be financing, then you should search for a loan officer next. If your Buyers Agent has a loan officer they recommend, and it is someone they work with often, then this could be a good team. Once your team is in place then you can begin looking for properties with the guidance of professionals. This will save you much time, money, and aggravation. You will be much better equipped for accomplishing your goals.

visit the link below to see why a Buyers Agent is a must!