We are looking to buy in Sacramento. Does anyone know where the gay friendly neighborhoods? Thanks so much. Any suggestions helpful....?

Asked by walker.lee8, Sacramento, CA Sun Aug 17, 2014

Answers

10
Kristina McB…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Tue Oct 21, 2014
As a Realtor I am unable to "steer" you toward any specific neighborhoods based on family status. However, I can tell you our office is 50% gay and we are in the heart of Midtown. Many of my past clients are gay and we are a very gay friendly office. I would happy to help you find the house that best fits your family's needs. 916-678-1003.
Heidi McIrvin, Agent, Roseville, CA
Tue Oct 21, 2014
Hi, I'm a local Realtor and know of a few neighborhoods in Sac. Have you found anything yet?
home5452@gma…, Home Buyer, Clearlake, CA
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Midtown is the most accepting neighborhoods, most gay activity, bars, shows etc, on 20th & K
Maxine Sarm…, Agent, Rocklin, CA
Fri Aug 29, 2014
Dear Walker.Lee8,

Your question is basically, "where will I feel most comfortable." As REALTORS we cannot answer questions regarding any demographic data that would be considered prejudicial or deemed to steer you towards a certain area. However, I've been a REALTOR for more than sevan years and what I know is only you can determine where you will feel most comfortable by personal exploration. The first consideration people make when choosing to purchase a home is the budget, home size, property size and how close it is to important landmarks such as work, freeway access. Based on those criteria you would be amazed how everything else will fall into place.

Best of luck,
Maxine
916.835.0988
Terie Voudou…, Agent, Rocklin, CA
Fri Aug 29, 2014
Hey Walker- It's true and sad that we're not supposed to answer such questions but at the same time
we ARE supposed to help people find the best home, in the best area for them. Having lived in East
Sac & Land Park I can say that those areas are very popular as well as mid town and downtown where
I've also worked as a Realtor are friendly & stylish. Would be happy to help you!
Call me (916) 300-7028.
Kylee Roe, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Tue Aug 26, 2014
Most of the Gay Bars are near H and 20th, the "Lavender Heights" area. There is large gay population in "The Pocket"--95831, and East Sac and Midtown, some in Oak Park. Also Tahoe Park. Roseville can be popular, but you'd have to ask those that live there --it's a suburb 30 minutes from the hub of trendy downtown. I have many gay friends in Elk Grove and Citrus Heights as well. Touring the various communities in Sacramento, not just limited to the ones I've mentioned, and speaking with residents there would give you a good idea of where you want to live. These seem to be popular areas, but by no means is this a list of all the possibilities--there is much to explore!
Jason Walter, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Tue Aug 26, 2014
Unfortunately Realtors are barred from answering questions such as these due to anti-steering laws. I just helped a great gay couple buy a home last week in Sacramento. They gave me a wonderful review. Please let me know if I can assist you with your real estate goals.
wericcooper, Home Owner, Sacramento, CA
Fri Aug 22, 2014
Midtown and downtown doll. I've had a house in this area for a decade, I am not a realtor and I am gay so I speak with some competence. Areas of East Sac and Curtis Park are also great. I have heard that their are other gay-friendly areas but much of the Sacramento area consists of add-ons such as Citrus Heights (shudder) and many other places are very conservative and very homophobic (don't even think of Roseville). When looking in an area, be sure to count the number of churches (especially evangelical, pentecostal or slavic) per mile and that should be a good indicator of what you would be in for if you bought in these areas.

Derek Jones, Agent, Fair Oaks, CA
Sun Aug 17, 2014
As mentioned before as Realtors we are not allowed to steer you in any one direction or another. Are you currently located in sacramento? If not, I would advise googling that same question. Good luck in your search.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Aug 17, 2014
As silly as this may sound to you, Realtors are legally not allowed to answer this question. What I can say is that I just posed this question on google and did find some good results. There is probably a gay center you can call in Sacramento that will also help guide you.

Best of luck.
I have lived in the Arden Arcade (north of the American River, East and south of Capitol City freeway, and west of Eastern) area for 35 years. Midtown Sacramento has a strong gay area complete with bars etc. Arden is a 50's suburb that has a long standing, though quiet, standing in the gay community, and is rebounding since the housing crisis..
Flag Tue Aug 19, 2014