We are looking to buy a preforeclosure/foreclosed/auction home in Fort Lee/Tenafly/Englewood area.

Asked by Jerseygirl770, Fort Lee, NJ Fri Apr 17, 2009

foHow can I find out more information or a realtor who is willing to help us with the process?

Answers

3
Barbara Weis…, Agent, Tenafly, NJ
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Almost all of these homes in our area are listed in the MLS system. However, you can also go to Fannie Mae's site at http://reosearch.fanniemae.com/reosearch/ However, what you'll find is that it is currently listed in the New Jersey MLS. There's also HUD's site - http://www.hud.gov/homes/homesforsale.cfm Here too you will find most if not all of the properties already listed in the MLS system.

Bank foreclosures are normally handled by real estate brokers who are their brokers of choice as such companies exclusively service the foreclosure market and are basically a conduit to the MLS for the banks.

The best answer sure sounds self serving because it's best to find a real estate agent who is a full time professional and understands both the foreclosure and short sale market. With short sales, a broker needs to do a search through the NJMLS inventory for you and then needs to be knowledgeable enough to deal with these properties for you.

I hope that this answers your questions; if it doesn't just let me know. Oh and one more thing - never, ever pay for a list of foreclosures as this is almost always not worth even one penny.
Jose Martinez, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Sat Aug 17, 2013
I have closed millions in both short sale and foreclosed deals.

Call me I can Help!!

Jose Martinez
201-406-6983
James L Stec…, Agent, Montclair, NJ
Fri Apr 17, 2009
Jersey girl,
Id be happy to help you out.If you are looking to buy pre foreclosure(Short Sale) or a Bank owned property(REO).
As far as an auction Id highly advise against it unless you are a seasoned investor and you arent looking to buy at auction with your lunch money.
Send me your information at
jsteccato@weichert.com

Jim