We are looking to buy a house in Newton or Wellesley MA area. As both of them are big cities and our middle

Asked by Jf, Newton Center, MA Tue Mar 24, 2009

class price range puts us in a very competitive market in these two relatively expensive towns, we want to find an agent who is truly familiar with the neighborhoods and can promptly point out worthy properties for us. We have tried a couple of agents, but all of them just send us automatic updates when new properties come up. None of them was able to do the prescreening based on their knowledge of the neighborhoods. Any recommendations?

Answers

11
Tean Wong, Agent, Boston, MA
Fri Jan 15, 2010
I'm sorry Jf, it is common that the agent send you automatic email everyday. The most important part of home buying is to find someone who listens and understands your needs. The buyer agent need to understand the motive of buyers and the financial structure the buyer will be involve. I am not fammiliar with Wellesley. But my Residentail sale manager has been working in Newton and Wellesley for number of years. If you want, I can connect you to her. Please let me know, if I can assist you.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Jf,

Just curious if you contacted any of the exellent agents that have responded to your question in this forum? If not what course of action did you take and how are you making out.

Louis
Erez Levanon, Agent, Newton, MA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Hi JF, I will make short and sweet. You need a fired up energetic agent that will be committed to your needs and is ready to get in the car and drive aroun looking for the right hous for you.
All agents work by sending email listings to the buyers... But they should listen to your needs, price rang and send you the right ones, and follow up with you.
I'm currently working with Centre Realty Group, we are located in Newton Centre and those two city are part of my territory. I also have a great sales director that is very familiar with Newton and Wellesley and she is alway available and happy to support our team. Feel free to give me a call for a non obligation meeting. 617-9092233
Joan Barsami…, Agent, Newton, MA
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Dear TF,
I am a Buyer's Agent with Coldwell Banker, Newton Center. I have lived in Newton for 20 years and know the neighborhoods very well. I would be more than happy to advise you on property values in Newton which vary by neighborhood.
Please give me a call to discuss further!
Joan Barsamian
Tom and Joan…, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Feb 13, 2012
JF:

You talk to friends and family that live in those areas and ask for a recommendation. You want to do business with people you know, like, and trust. No better way to find this person than to ask to be introduced. Best
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Sun Feb 12, 2012
You have chosen two fabulous neighborhoods!

Firstly, you should hire an exclusive buyer's agent. This will ensure your buyer interests are protected throughout the entire purchase process. Avoid working with agents that work with sellers (take listings) or work on a team that takes listings. It also sounds like you want a hands on agent and with an exclusive buyers agent you should have no problem asking for that kind of service and receiving it.
So, my advice would be find an exclusive buyers agent and make sure you are clear and upfront about what you need. Then make sure to ask them the right questions about their experience and sales history.
Right now we are doing a promotional partnership with Massachusetts premier online new source, Boston.com, and one of our recent blog posts has a free downloadable "top 5 questions to ask an agent" document you might find useful in your search:
http://blog.territory.com/boston-luxury-condos/?utm_source=f…

Good luck and feel free to reach out to us any time with questions.
http://territory.com
Web Reference:  http://territory.com
Barry F. Coh…, Agent, Newton, MA
Sat Feb 11, 2012
Hi JF,

As a 25-year resident of Newton and experienced Realtor, I am very familiar with all the market conditions in this area. Not all Realtor's work the same way, and the level of services can differ dramatically. At Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Newton, we are the experts' expert in this community. I do not simply send out email alerts, I carefully review the clients needs and filter out what does and doesn't fit the clients profile. We sell more homes in Newton than any firm!!
Best of luck with your search!!
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Wed Nov 24, 2010
JF,

Call me, my results speak for themselves.

Louis

Representing Greater Boston's Finest Builders and Communities - Brookline, Dover, Needham, Newton, Wellesley and Weston.
Web Reference:  http://www.LouisWolfson.net
Bella, , Newton, MA
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Hello, JF,

right now there are 376 properties on the market in Newton, starting at $149,000 up to $7,390,000.
In Wellesley - there 193 properties staring at $199,000 up to $5,995.000.

I am sure there is a great selection in your price range. I am local and take pride in the area I live in.
I also usually send my clients daily updated from the market. But I contact them on a daily basis and we discuss which properties are interesting for them. Then I try to preview these properties ( sometimes it is impossible). And then comes the showings itself. Before I start sending market information I would love to meet in person to get a feeling what my clients are looking for besides price, number of bedrooms etc., what will make them happy

Receiving daily updates helps my customers to feel being an active part of the process, versus just being offered properties for showings someone made a decision about.

I work for a small firm. We provide high level of personalized service no matter what is your price range. Buying a home is a very important step, it is a long, difficult and emotionally challenging process. I will be with you every step of the way from our first meeting through closing.
If you would like to talk more, please e-mail me at bella@thinkpreservation.com
Thank you.
I wish you best of luck in finding you new home.
Bella
Greer Swiston, Agent, Newton, MA
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Hi. I would be happy to meet with you and sit down and really talk about what you are looking for. I would like to then spend about 2-3 hrs with you for one touring trip so that I can get a feel for what your tastes are like and you can get a feel for whether you think I understand your needs or not.

And then you can decide on whether you'd like to hire me or not! I live in Newton and work in Wellesley and that is where I get my expertise in knowing the neighborhoods. And anything that I don't know, I have a whole team of varied experts in my office who are always eager to help, including natives of Wellesley, Weston and Needham.

Of course you deserve an agent that understands your needs and will make the extra effort to know what is best for you and to save you time! That's my job!

Please let me know if you'd like to meet. I can be reached at greer.swiston@commonmoves.com or call (781) 237-8056
Web Reference:  http://www.commonmoves.com
Matt Heisler, Agent, Westborough, MA
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Hello JF:

Keep trying! It can be hard to find a good buyer agent, but your approach is the right one. There are 6 pages of Wellesley agents in Trulia, and some folks are active, I'm sure they will pipe up. I would be frank with them about your price range and your needs, and make sure they are enthused. A pop-quiz for each doesn't hurt. If you have trouble finding someone, (I don't think you will) e-mail me and I will refer you to a Star.