We are looking to assume a mortgage in the Pawleys Island area and wondered if anyone knows of an opportunity?

Asked by Robert Mcdonald, Glenwood, MD Sat Dec 13, 2008

We are looking for a property in Heritage or Willbrook Plantations and hope to assume the present mortgage.

Answers

7
Patrick Tole, Agent, Pawleys Island, SC
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Hi Robert,
You had contacted me a few weeks ago about a home in the Heritage. I emailed you back the info on it. It is still available. Please call or email me back if you would like to see the home. Also continue to use my website at http://www.PawleysIslandProperties.net. Have a great week! Off to go play some golf. Finally have some good warm weather for it. Talk to you soon.
John Sefick, , 29585
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Robert,

I think it might be fair to disclose in your question that you are only interested in working directly with selling agents and not buyers agents. That might shorten your search.

John
Barbara Kee, , Pawleys Island, SC
Wed Feb 11, 2009
Dear Robert

I have a home in the Reserve that was a foreclosure and is currently available at 3% interest rate, 30 year fixed with 10% down. I would be glad to provide the details and any other information you may need.
Barbara Kee
Keller Williams MBS
843-601-2911 or barbarakee@kw.com
Patrick Tole, Agent, Pawleys Island, SC
Tue Dec 16, 2008
Robert,

Why assume a mortage? I have an awesome property in Heritage plantation for sale, & there are plenty of other properties that can be purchased in Heritage or Willbrook. Call or email me back for details. Please feel free to use my website at http://www.pawleysislandproperties.net to find some great properties. You can customize your search to just look for properties in those areas, price changes, pictures ect. Call or email me back with any questions. I will be glad to help in any way I can. Happy Holidays!

Patrick
843-833-1937
Gail Daly, , Myrtle Beach, SC
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Robert, Thank you for contacting me!

The good news is that while assumable mortgages have not been available for many years, there are other avenues that would be advantageous to you instead of the traditional mortgage. Contract for deed with owner finance is an attractive alternative. Also this provides a safety factor for your investment. If you let me know what you are looking for (specifically in what price range) I can run a search. I can be reached toll free at 866-466-4106, anytime or email me direct at gaildaly@gmail.com

There are some incredible deals when we seek them out. Below is a website portal into our MLS. With credit being tight, when we find what you are looking for we can find out what possibilities may be acceptable. I am the 800 pound gorilla (negotiator) in the room!

Kindest Regards
Gail Daly
SC/NC Realtor/Broker
The Hoffman Group
For a search of the local MLS http://www.DigMyrtleBeach.com
John Sefick, , 29585
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Robert,

I work in our Heritage Plantation office and know of one extremely nice property that the owner is willing to finance. This would amount to a great rate and low down payment as I recall. I would be glad to research the two neighborhoods and give you more feedback, if you'd like. I'm out of town and will be returning to Pawleys Island later today. Give me a call or email and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and your family,

John Sefick
843-325-1755 cell
johnsefick@chicora.net
Web Reference:  http://JohnSefick.com
Randall Sand…, Agent, Charleston, SC
Sun Dec 14, 2008
Hello Robert - I am an agent with Carolina One in Charleston. We have a referral agreement with a number of agencies in the Pawleys island area. If you would like, I can refer you to a qualified agent who can then help with your situation. By the way, Pawleys is a great place, our family vacations there eash year.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance,

Randall Sandin
843-209-9667
rsandin@carolinaone.com