Home Buying in Temecula>Question Details

Lickerloo, Home Buyer in Temecula, CA

We are looking for a very family friendly neighborhood in Temecula. Tons of kids, block parties, bunko, poker, just fun people! any suggestions?

Asked by Lickerloo, Temecula, CA Tue Jun 5, 2012

Thalia Poulos’ answer
Hi There:

The other agents who have answered already gave you names of great communities.
Temecula has wonderful school districts, great shopping and many super family-oriented communities.

There is one thing I want to tell you about, which is Mello Roos. If you have not bought a home in this area before, be sure to ask your agent about this term. Many young couples thought they could afford a home based on its list price, only to find out that their tax base was higher than expected.

Mello Roos is not a "bad" thing. It's one of the reasons those communities are so lovely.
You just need to be aware up front whether you would be buying in a community that has special assessments and/or Mello Roos.

Temecula's a great place. Good luck, and let me know if I can help!

Thalia Poulos
Dream Estates Realty

My wife and I have lived in Paseo Del Sol for 6 years now and we always have events and hang with our neighbors....from Casino Nights, Easter Egg Hunts, Holiday Parties....it's a great place to live. It really depends on your budget on which community would be best for you. Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions.

James Brennan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
You just described what my neighborhood is like. I'm in Paseo Del Sol. I think there is a home for sale in our cul-de-sac.....nicest home on the block I think.

You should check out the lender credit and low rates we are giving buyers right now.......crazy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
Paseo Del Sol, Paloma Del Sol and Temeku Hills have some very family oriented neighborhoods (lots of kids, parks, cul-de-sac's, driveway BBQ's on holiday's, etc...). You can't go wrong with those neighborhoods.

Joe McDermott
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
Many varieties of neighborhoods with those criterias, depends on your price range
and amenities you are willing to pay within an association or if prefer no association.
If you are not working with a Realtor, would love to help you.
Martha McKay
Casa Del Mar Realty

How are you? Actually I may have an area in Winchester. What are the ages of your
I will encourage you to check the school district and take under conciderationthe schools you want for your kids. Then check the area around it most families like to live close to the schools their children go to...therefore around a good school you'll be able to find plenty of kids and fun.
Harveston has tons of kids and lots of younger families...it's easy to meet people there with all the parks and bike paths and lake.....Crowne Hill is another area with lots of families and parks....and Paseo and Paloma Del Sol has pools, parks paths and lots of families....

Good Luck and enjoy! Jim
It's best to narrow your choices by selecting your highest wants. Neighborhoods throughout Murrieta and Temecula have terrific advantages for you. Also narrow your scope of Realtors and Lenders by specialty so you get their full attention as well.
Selecting neighborhood specialists is key to your search. I have excellent Realtors who fit this model that specialize in buyers needs. Please let me know if I can help.
Oh...and you can also check out Vintage Hills and Chardonnay Hills as well.
Temeku Hills is a great place for kids. It has a club house with tons of activities and a pool, tennis courts, etc. It also has a golf course. The taxes are low too. I live there and love it.
Janet Garrison
Coldwell Banker
I will be more then glad to send you a list of Active for sale properties with school, parks and neighborhood information, please email me your Email address with property information (bed and bath count) year built etc.. to Executivesgrouprealestate@hotmail.com

Lluvia Martinez
Real Estate & Mortgage Broker
Executives Group Real Estate & Mortgage