We are looking for a small house, a townhouse, or a condo with 2-3 br near Sugar Mountain as our vacation home.

Asked by Ginaleenyc, 28604 Mon Feb 6, 2012

We like homes that are newer and in a great location - very close to ski slopes, restaurants, stores, and other activities. We would prefer something under $150k, but are willing to go higher for a great find!

Answers

14
Michael Posn…, Home Owner, 28604
Sat Jan 19, 2013
A bit higher but 363 Thorncliff Drive is now on the market fully furnished at $239,000 http://(www.happybearchalet.com). Seven Devils is close to Sugar, Beech and Appalachian Ski Resorts, plus features tubing and zip line a mile away at Hawksnest. 3 bedrooms, two sleeper sofas, 2.5 baths, sleeps 10.
Anniegetyour…, Home Owner, Banner Elk, NC
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Priced in the lower end of your budget, condo at Ski Country right across the street from Sugar. 2br/2b. Nice view of the lights from Sugar ski slopes in winter and seasonal view of Grandfather Mountain. The condo has been renovated inside to include brand new bath, new floors, recessed lighting, two double decks, etc. Includes washer/dryer and stone fireplace. There are sliding doors from the den and both bedrooms onto a full size deck. Water feature in front yard. The outside has new metal roof and just been resided and painting is going on now. Ski Country is now updating/upgrading all the units exteriors with new paint colors - the grey, white and brown is going away and a whole new color palette is coming in with about six different building colors. This will take several years to complete but the end result should be amazing. Call Lindsey at Preferred Mountain Real Estate828.898.9282 or Mary Jones @ 407.414.9409
Robin Hitchc…, , Banner Elk, NC
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Gina I have that "great find" a condo on Sugar..3 bed, 2 bath just a short walk down a beautiful wooded path, over a bridge and you are right there !! at the ski slopes, tennis courts and golf course.. ALSO.. the skating rink and tubing run.. during the winter. That close !!

This condo is down near the base of the Sugar Mountain slopes and Lodge which makes it an easy in and out of Sugar to all the restaurants, stores and outside activities .. But in it's unique location..also has views of Grandfather Mtn and surrounding mtns during the winter.

The summer you are in the trees off your deck listening to the water running down Bee Branch Creek.
The condo has been completely redone from head to toe.. everything new !!
The asking price is 165,000.. you won't find a better condo on Sugar for location and ambiance year round..
You can find me at Sheila M Perry Properties right outside the entrance of Sugar Mountain
Robin Hitchcock,Broker contact numbers.. 828-260-5826 and 828-898-2555 Pl ease call for lots more information!!
Hi Robin. My name is Gina also! We are looking for exactly the same - 3 bedroom condo for a second home and this one sounds exactly what we are looking for! Love the walking distance to activities. My email is jarias1395@aol.com.
Flag Thu Nov 29, 2012
Emily Farthi…, Agent, Banner Elk, NC
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Please send your email and I can send you some great listings.
Emily Farthing
Preferred Mountain Real Estate - Banner Elk, NC
828-898-9282
emilyfarthing51@yahoo.com
Robin Hitchc…, , Banner Elk, NC
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Look no further !! we have 2 three bedoom condo on Sugar Mountain with the absolute best location on Sugar for close proximity to ALL amenities..skiing,golf, tennis and the park as well. The views are GREAT in the winter as you look at grandfather mountain , the mountains of Tynecastle and others. In the summer you have trees surrounding your back deck,(like living in a tree house !) There is a beautiful stream which you can hear from your deck and right beside your condo is a sweet mountain path that leads you over the stream by a bridge right to the tennis courts, ski lodge and golf.. you just can't get any closer to the fun on Sugar
Another great thing about this location is that your don't have to drive way up the mountain to your home away from home to get great views and it only takes you seconds to drive out of Sugar to get to all the great shopping and restaurants Banner Elk has to offer...These condo have been completely redone from head to toe so they basically are "new" in almost every way. Please give me a call, I'd love to tell you more about them. they are listed at Sheila M Perry Properties, located at the entrance of Sugar Mountain. Please cal 828-260-5826 for listing agent my name is Robin Hitchcock and I' d love to hear from you....
Beth Barton, Home Owner, Sugar Mountain, NC
Sun Jun 24, 2012
We have the perfect condo for you! 2 bedrooms 2 full baths-Right near top of Sugar Mountain. In the winter you can see the skiiers coming up the mountains on the lifts.You would have an absolutely unobstructed long range awesome view where you can see 3 states. Beech Mountain is right in front of you.The condo is beautifully furnished and has been remodeled and we have an incredible rental history for the past 3 years. This should be perfect for you as you can use it when you want or rent it short term to pay the bills and possibly use as a tax right off. There is no real estate fees to pay as we are selling by owner. Check out our website for pictures and rental information http://www.vrbo.com/210717
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Only $114,900 and directly across Tynecastle Highway from Sugar! Very spacious, nice floor plan, original wood beams, wood burning stone fireplace, nice landscaped front yard with water feature, nice views. Condo has features not available in any other unit in the complex, i.e, sliding doors in both bedrooms and in den and double decks on front and back of unit. Updates include a brand new bathroom (including tub), laminate floors in den, bedrooms and hall; vinyl in kitchen and bath. New metal roof. Pot lights, chandelier, wired in ceiling fans, high end outdoor lights. Added pantry. New frig. New stackable washer/dryer. Next on the schedule for all new siding and new paint with updated color scheme and repair/replacement to back deck and small retaining wall - this work should start in the next couple of weeks. Listed at Preferred Mountain Real Estate (828.898.9282); ask for Lindsey Lacey.
Candi Catoe, , Blowing Rock, NC
Mon May 14, 2012
It's a great area! I would be happy to assist you with your search. You may also view listings on my website at http://www.altitudesales.com Thanks, Candi
Memawcarol, Home Seller, Blowing Rock, NC
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Anywhere in Banner Elk is close to Sugar! The town is a story-book beauty. All kinds of festivals, arts, activities, and fun! The house at 145 Rocky Road is great, with it's own waterfall! Fishing in the stream or the river. Near everything. Good hunting.
Dave, Home Seller, Newland, NC
Fri Mar 16, 2012
I have a townhouse for sale in Linville Land Harbor. 3 bed 2 bath end unir only 5 years old and located on a golf course. Please call me for further information (941) 451-9855
Ndav1968, Home Seller, Winston-Salem, NC
Thu Feb 9, 2012
Take a look at this (copy and paste link into your browser). It's a great home, only 12 years old, and seems to meet most of your requirements:

http://www.navicamls.net/displays/?n=390&i=1656753&k…

If you're interested, get in touch wtih Skip at Vincent Properties. Best of luck to you in your search.
Marc White, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Gina,

I did some searching for you, there are not very many priced around $150,000 that are close to the ski slopes, that were built in the last 15 years.

Here is a link to a few that came up:
http://www.navicamls.net/displays/?n=390&i=1659440&k…

There are also a large number of condos available in the larger complexes, they too are a little older, but some have been remodeled. Please let me know if you have other questions, or if I may be able to assist you in any way.

Marc White
Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR), ePro, GREEN, GRI, zPro
Broker in Charge/REALTOR, Cash Realty & Construction
Top Listing Agent
Call/Text 828-406-2134
Marc@CarolinasPremierRealty.com
Search 1,000s of Homes Instantly at http://www.MarcWhiteHomes.com
Sharon Lewis, Agent, Cary, NC
Tue Feb 7, 2012
I know of one for sale in Todd-private sale, would that interest you? If so email me and I will put you in touch with the for sale by owner, owner :)
John Heinlein, Agent, Banner Elk, NC
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Hi Gina,

Have just the condo for you! Foreclosure, brand new, rents well (if that is important), big view from large balcony, 2 bedroom 2 bath! Close to everything!

Call me for details.

John Heinlein
Realtor/Broker
828-260-2814 cell
johnheinlein@skybest.com