We are looking for a house on long island Nassau county NY 3 bedroom and 1 bathroom.

Asked by Ketan Shah, 11554 Mon Mar 23, 2009

Is it possible to add extra bathroom in future? Also what is the estimated cost of adding new bathroom.

Answers

8
Fajardo Delacruz’s answer
Fajardo Dela…, , Flushing, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Ketan
I would more then glad to help you find the right home for you.
With that extra bathroom now and save about 10to15 k. If you have
additional questions youcan direct them to me.
My Direct # 347-813-1290.
Here is my website http://fajardodelacruz.realtors.officelive.com
or my e-mail delacruz.fajardo3@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Ketan, I would be happy to provide you with the means to search all listings on Multiple Listing Service and to change your search criteria at will. The application is called Listing Book and it is free to you.

Email me Gail@GailGladstone.com and we can get you set up to control your own searching.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
With proper permits of course you can add as many bathrooms as you like--the cost portion of your question is though to answer without specifics--how big would you like it to be, will it be half a bath or full bath, do you want top of the line such as granite or marble or will middle or low end do, etc.; You have time plenty of time to figure that out, find your home first and then decide; you may end liking a house that already has 2 baths and no need to worry about adding.

Anna
Everett Perry, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Im a licensed contractor in NYC and Nassau.

It costs about 10k to redo a bathroom that exists. To add a new one with new plumbing and electric would run another 4k. Standard size bathrooms.
Web Reference:  http://elijahhomes.com
Barbara E. N…, Agent, Oceanside, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Hi Ketan

The cost of adding a bathroom includes several variables. Some of the more obvious are the size and amount of decoration involved. The location of the new bathroom in relation to existing plumbing (specifically the sewer line) is also a critical issue for cost. For rough budget purposes, adding an average bathroom can run between $8,000 and $12,000, while adding a fancier master bath can easily hit $15,000 to $25,000. A permit will have to be issued by the town the house is located before any job can begin.

Hope this information helps

Thank you
Barbara
Patrick Will…, Agent, Roosevelt, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Welcome to Long Island,
I can email you FREE MLS LISTINGS on a daily basis. All I need is your email address. Your estimate will be based on sq. ft., materials, etc. There are many licensed contractors / home improvement companies here on the Island that would love to give you a free estimate. Call me today for more details.
Patrick Williams Jr.
Keystone Realty USA
direct: (516) 425-3764
email: patrickwilliams02@hotmail.com
Shai Megiddo, Agent, Astoria, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Hi Ketan,
It is possible to add a new bathroom in the future. It is advised to check what is the zoning and the rules in the specific town/village that you are buying. They might be different rules from one village to another.
The cost of adding a new bathroom is between 10-20k depends on the features you want to add.
Hope this helps,
Shai Megiddo
Loan officer
(718)947-1541
Maria Cino, Agent, Valley Stream, NY
Mon Mar 23, 2009
The extra bath can be added with the proper permits. The cost is going to be lower if the new bath is near existing plumbing (for example. on the second floor on top of the existing bath). The cost could run anywhere from $6,000 and up depending on the fixtures you choose.

Hope this info helps and good luck with your search.