Home Buying in Concord>Question Details

rphilan, Home Buyer in Concord, MA

We are interested in moving to Concord from a bordering town. What are the more upscale areas/neighborhoods/roads? Looking in the 1.2 m range.

Asked by rphilan, Concord, MA Sat Oct 27, 2012

Answers

5
Upscale to one is average to another.
Your taste may agree or dis-agree with either.
I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer based on your personal criteria and taste.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 29, 2012
In the $1.2 price range, The Ridge is a neighborhood off Lexington Rd. about 1/2 mi. from the center. There is a variety of architecture, one entrance, Ridge Rd. and values between $750,000-$1,900,000. The other RIdge, entrance from Alcott Rd.is more pricey, $1,000,000-2,500,000. They are both wonderful neighborhoods. Caterina Heights values would start at $1,200,000-1,800,000. Blueberry Lane is a great neighborhood with values $900,000-$1,400,000. Riverdale is a very popular neighborhood, comprised of more modest Capes and Ranches until the '90s when demand created many larger new homes $500,000-$1,500,000. Conantum is a "rural" neighborhood settled by MIT faculty in the 1940's, values from $500,000-1,600,000. Concord Center is extremely popular. Values from $800,000-$2,500,000. Please visit my web site http://www.cupton.com or call 978-807-6202 me for more details. I would be glad to help. All the best, Chris Upton
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
My answer is biased, but I guess everyone's answers are somewhat self-serving. We have lived on Indian Pipe Lane for 23 years and think this Indian Pipe - Stone Root neighborhood is great. Homes here run just under to just over a million. And... we are moving and are selling our home with a very elegant interior that was designed and built with the best materials - granite, Jerusalem stone, mahogany, etc. See it at http://www.204iplconcord.com
Crystal Ranch is popular because it is in the Northgate school district. Have you considered Clayton? It is an amazingly beautiful golf course community with many upscale homes.
As you can see by Chris response there are many upscale areas and great neighborhoods in Concord. Much will have to do with your expectations as to the size, age, bed rooms, condition of the home itself.

Have you sold your existing home? Do you have to sell your existing home to buy? What is your time frame to move? Do you have a pre-approval letter from a lender?

I recommend that you hire a buyers agent in the concord market to represent your best interests.

If you are considering Brookline, Dover, Needham, Newton or Wellesley let me know.

Louis
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012