Home Buying in Manalapan>Question Details

Sandeep, Home Buyer in New Jersey

We are interested in a home in Manalapan, NJ. The house is listed at 485K.

Asked by Sandeep, New Jersey Mon Jun 30, 2008

We are thinking of making an offer and wanted to find out what would be a good starting price for negotiation - we don't want to lowball too much but at the same time don't want to pay more than the current value of the home in today's market. Its a 3 bedroom single family about 10 years old in a nice development. Similar 4-bed room home sold for 455K in the same development.
Can you provide some guidelines.

Hi Sandeep.. did you ever find a house? make an offer?

let us know how it worked out!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2008
Have you made an offer yet? I'm a local realtor for Manalapan NJ and if you give me the name of the development I can guide you in the right direction, or even try to find you the best value for your needs.
Call me 908-770-5999
Web Reference: http://www.9realtor.com
The simple answer is to take three reasonably priced homes in your area, add them up and divide by three. This can be your price point.
This is another "ask a local Realtor" question. The local Realtor can assist you in figuring out a good offer. You've made a start by identifying one similar property. The question is, how does that one differ from the one you want? ANd what other comparisons can you make? A Realtor can do a lot more for you, too - and it won't cost you anything additional. If you need a referral to a local Realtor, please email me at su@suwesely.com. Best of luck.