We are in the process of buying a rural home. Where might we find records for the septic location on the property and when it was last certified?

Asked by Evollandlord, Pauma Valley, CA Sat Jun 9, 2012

Answers

5
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Since you write you're "in the process" . . . where is your buyer's agent? Aren't they in the process too? Wouldn't this be something that your agent would be discussing with you? At least I know when I'm representing my buyer clients they don't end up on Trulia asking questions . . . they have me!
Jerry Heard, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Check at the county offices. The building/permit department should have the information.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Jun 9, 2012
You can check your town/city hall for permits or where the septic system application for approval was submitted. Otherwise it is using an expereinced septic company who can either probe it or they have a tracker they flush and then it ends up in the tank where they follow the beeps.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Good Morning,

Normally, the town should have the record of the septic system and the leaching field or the Health District or its equivalent which has the jurisdiction over the area where the property is located.

And as Joe Finnerty mentioned, a good septic company can locate the system for you and assess and its condition.

Good Luck
Joseph Finne…, Agent, Bethlehem, PA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Hi Evollandlord,

You can check with the sewerage enforcement officer in the municipality where the house is located.

If that doesn't work, a good septic company should be able to locate the tank and absorption field and fully test the system for you.

Joe Finnerty
Prudential Patt White
Lehigh Valley, PA
http://www.lehighvalleyhomesonline.com