We are evaluating a move to West Menlo Park. What are the pros/cons of living there?

Asked by Suzanne Kisch, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

Answers

2
Mario Pinedo,…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Having lived in the far west of Menlo Park - the county portion by Alameda de las Pulgas - I can confidently say there are no cons except for the cost of it all! It is a wonderful community. The one thing that is a downside though is the quality of Menlo Atherton High School. This is in stark contrast to living in Palo Alto where both high schools are outstanding, as are the lower grade schools too. Many parents opt for private high school options in Menlo Park.
John Alexand…, Agent, Menlo Park, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hi Suzanne,
I have lived in Menlo Park for 25 years & have come to know & love this community. Incidentally, I moved to the Peninsula from San Francisco. As you probaly know, it's a completely different environment (ideal weather etc.). In particular, West Menlo Park is a small established residential district with tree lined streets. The majority of these homes are ranch style that were built in the 1950 - 1960's. & are set on approximately 1/4 acre. Many owners have completely updated these homes or have built new ones. Both the elementary & middle school are within walking distance or a short drive. Older children are able to walk or bike to friends homes as well as our friendly downtown. If you want further informaton, please call me. My cell number is 650 302 2250.
Thanks for your inquiry.
John Alexander