Thomas, Home Buyer in Delaware, OH

We are considering moving to the Delaware,OH area.

Asked by Thomas, Delaware, OH Tue Jul 31, 2012

We are considering moving to the Delaware,OH area. What part of town is better and what part should we avoid?

Hi Thomas,
I also reside in Delaware and believe that is a great place to raise a family. I would be happy to assist you with your financing needs. As a local lender I am able to provide a wide range of financing to meet your needs. Please call me on my cell phone at 740.602.3320 to discuss your mortgage needs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hello Thomas and Congratulations on you pending move.

One of the many great things about Delaware is it offers tremendous opportunities for housing both new and existing. Your question is a great one and certainly one that virtually every home buyer has at some point in their buying process.

As you can imagine, it is a very difficult question to answer without first knowing what is most important to you, what are you goals for shopping, commuting, amenities etc. The best place to start would be to contact a local agent and share you thoughts regarding both your wants and needs in a home, your price range and any other ideas you may have regarding your next home.

All of us at ERA wish you the best of luck and welcome to Delaware.
Hi Thomas!
I've lived in Delaware for 8 years, in the Lantern Chase subdivision (off of Houk Rd, behind Kroger's). We are a neighborhood of newer construction homes, many of whom are available at a tremendous discount after the tidal wave of foreclosures. Being a mile from the grocery has been terrific, but I could see the upside to living closer to the downtown area..it will really all depend on whether you'd prefer a newer build or older home. It's a lovely community, I've really enjoyed my time here. Good luck with your move!
Delaware. Ohio-Delaware County in general is a GREAT place to live. This area has been long known for it's small town appeal. Community involvement is one great feature that it has to offer. People caring for people is still where we live here in Delaware County. Let me know how I can help. I am a Realtor with HER Realtors here in Delaware County.
Visit my website: http://www.HERRealtors.com/HeatherAdams to learn more about what I can do for you.

Any home bought or sold with me, I will plant a Tree for FREE!
Every part of town has its own appeal and answering this question is virtually impossible without hearing what you are looking for ... because that is what will determine what what areas of town you avoid.

Are there portions of Delaware more popular than others? yep. But do those portions cost more? Yep. Is there enough of a difference to justify that cost? Well, that's up to you to decide.

The key part is to keep an open mind and just spend a few hours learning the town before you assume what is best for someone else is best for you.
Hi there! I've lived in Delaware for about 9 years now. It totally depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for one of the gorgeous older homes, I'd consider the NorthWest corridor (north west of Sandusky and 36). If you're looking for Delaware "suburbs" where you'll find newer homes, be ware of a ton of foreclosures--good neighborhoods though and you can get a good deal! We just sold our home in Carson Farms and are now living in the North west area with historic homes (We went from a 2003 build to a 1865 build!). Good luck! You'll love Delaware. :0)
Thanks for the info.
Flag Wed Aug 8, 2012