We are considering moving to Carmel, would you recommend the neighborhood just south of Central Park on 111th St. for a family with young children?

Asked by mojorisin73, Fort Worth, TX Fri May 17, 2013

Answers

4
Fred Cunning…, , 46033
Sun May 19, 2013
We recommend any neighborhood in Carmel. You know Carmel was recently listed at the best place to live. And, yes the neighborhood just south of Central Park is great. There are 2 nice 3 bedroom ranch homes for sale now.

Give us an email or call for details.

Fred Cunningham
Realtor / MBA
317.514.5098
Fred@FredCunningham.com
Mitch Rolsky, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Sat May 18, 2013
It's hard to go wrong anywhere in Carmel. I really will come down to how much you want to invest in to your home based on size, location and finishes.

Having lived in Carmel as young parent you may want to evaluate the elementary schools to make sure that you don't have a preference for one over another. As part of that process be sure to ask about any redistricting in the past and be sure to include that in to your decision if you do have a preference in schools for the kids.

Good luck with your search and be sure to NOT call the name on a listing sign but rather interview and select a buyer's agent who, while representing only your interests, is typically only paid a couple of hundred dollars by you for their expertise and experience with the big fees being paid by the seller even though they represent ONLY you!
Tracy Kilburn, Agent, Fishers, IN
Sat May 18, 2013
Yes, that is an area about a mile from my home and I absolutely LOVE living here. My husband and I moved to our current home in 1987 with our 3 children. They have grown and moved out and I have no intention of moving any time soon!

Good luck and if I can be of any service in your search, just email me and I would be happy to help you out!

Thanks very much!
Tracy Kilburn, agent
tkilb@hotmail.com
Cindy "In In…, Agent, Fishers, IN
Fri May 17, 2013
Carmel and Fishers both have been named by numerous sites as the best place to raise families so anywhere in those areas should be good choices. I write a blog at http://www.mycarmelblog.com that could give you some insight into the neighborhoods, schools, parks, etc.

The great thing about the 111th area (i.e. Lexington Farms) is the Monon Center with it's lazy river, racquet and tennis facilities, indoor/outdoor pools, kiddie pool, etc. I'm not sure where you are coming from but I do a lot of relocation work and most people relocating here love the ease of traveling around the city.

If you'd like a relocation manual (I wrote one and update it each year), just email me at cindymarchant@comcast.net and I'll send one to you.
Web Reference:  http://www.marchantteam.com