We are at the very early stages of our education for a possible relocationWhat would be some nice areas to

Asked by Rich, Pasco, WA Tue Jan 15, 2008

consider to relocate to in PA or DE and still be within 30 minute commute of Wilmington. Also, would like to learn the difference of property / income tax of the two states. We are empty nesters and will be traveling quite a bit for work so I’m not interested in maintenance. We would be looking for a minimum of 2 br with a 2 car attached garage and we always prefer new(er).
A condo would be considered but we’re open minded. As for the price range, it’s too early to define due to not knowing the area very well but lets start off at $250-$350 range.

Answers

5
Gwynne Barnes, Agent, Devon, PA
Tue Jan 15, 2008
Hi Rich-
Delaware has a graduated tax rate ranging from 2.2% to 5.55% for income under $60,000, and 5.95% for income of $60,000 or over. PA's is limited at 3.07%. Delaware has lower property taxes and no sales tax, but that is usually offset by the quality of the schools. As you are empty nesters, maybe this is not an issue for you.
There is quite a bit of newer construction in the Southern Chester and Delaware counties in PA that would fit your needs. If you would like me to email you som PA and DE listings so you can compare, please let me know.

Gwynne Barnes

gwynnebarnes@comcast.net
http://www.soldinpa.com
Web Reference:  http://www.soldinpa.com
Brian Harlan, Agent, Chadds Ford Township, PA
Fri Jul 15, 2011
Rich, there are a few townhome communities in the Route 52 and Route 1 area, only minutes from Wilmington that offer low maintenance living and are in your price range. I live and work in the area you are looking and now these communities well. Let me know how I can help.
Lisa Callinan, Agent, Devon, PA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Rich:
Downingtown is a nice area with some wonderful 55+ communities in your price range. Cochranville also has a new construction 55+ development which would be an easy commute. West Chester or West Grove, Pa could also be good choices. When you are ready to begin your search, please feel free to contact me. Take care and good luck. Lisa
Barbara Berue, Agent, Media, PA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Hi Rich,
HAve you already moved? I live in Delaware County, Nether Providence to be exact. I am 20 minutes from Wilmington, and 20 minutes from Philly. Pa does have higher taxes than DE, and De doesn't have school taxes, where PA does. Now Believe me, I'm not trying to sell out my home state...I love Pa and definately love my area. I am close to everything. If you have not moved yet, I'd be glad to help you.
Melinda, Home Buyer, Newtown, OH
Wed Jan 16, 2008
I am not a realtor, but grew up and lived in North Wilmington, DE most of my life. I highly recommend going to DE... check out the Greenville area.