We are about to find out if we will have to relocate to Houston. I am amazed at the home prices. Why are they so low?

Asked by Ckidd, Cypress, TX Thu Apr 26, 2012

(We have been looking at NW Houston. We live in NE Texas)

Answers

6
Melody Barlow, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Houston has some of the best home prices in the US!! I would recommend getting established with a REALTOR such as myself that covers the areas that you are considering. Contact me if you have not yet connected with a REALTOR/Financing team. We would be happy to assist you. melody@melodybarlow.com or 832-567-5676(C)
Addie Sechel…, Home Owner, Houston, TX
Wed Aug 8, 2012

I am a Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager for Academy Mortgage Corporation and have several branches in Houston and surrounding areas, and live in Cypress area. I would be glad to talk with you more about a home loan needs to ensure we provide you with the best loan/rate for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly:
E-mail is Addie.Sechelski@AcademyMortgage.com

You can also complete my on-line application on-line if you would like to start there. http://www.CloseWithAddie.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Addie Sechelski
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager
Academy Mortgage Corporation
NMLS#176511
Lori Craft, Agent, Cypress, TX
Sat May 5, 2012
Honestly, it depends on where in Cypress you are looking. Cypress, Tomball, Klein, and Spring are growing at an amaing rate and like most of the country, our resale values have been infuenced by the housing slump and subsequent foreclosures. Right now is an amazing time to invest in this area. Our schools are highly rated, most communities are planned and benefit from builder-designed ammenities and we have great restaurants, shopping, and entertainment options. And we're a reasonable commute to downtown. Explore this area -- I think you will be pleasantly suprised!
Celia Salch, , Houston, TX
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Houston - even the NW part of Houston is a very large area. If you do not need to commute to the downtown area, you will have many options at very reasonable prices. Anywhere from Cypress through Tomball to Spring/Woodlands. Houston has always been know for affordable homes. Good luck with your search!
My husband would have to commute to N Dairy Ashford St (Memorial neighborhood) for work. But we have four children and I prefer to live outside of that area. I heard Cypress schools are one of the best.
Flag Thu Apr 26, 2012
Javier Zambr…, Agent,
Thu Apr 26, 2012
This is the best real estate market in the nation. If you get relocated check in the Katy, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands areas, you can see homes there at http://www.HomeSeekersCenter.com
Kevan Pewitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Apr 26, 2012
Unfortunately foreclosures in some neighborhoods have pulled down home prices over the the last two to four years. Prices appear to have stabilized in most Cypress Texas neighborhoods during the past year, but in many cases they have stabilzed at a lower level.