Lori Golden, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

We Want to Come Home! Orange County, peripheral LA County or Ventura County are all possibilities.

Asked by Lori Golden, Las Vegas, NV Mon Aug 13, 2012

Hubby and I moved to Las Vegas and bought a house with his VA in 2008. Well, it is a fun place to visit, but... So we want to move back, but now we have a house that is slightly upside down. He is Vietnam-era vet, I am disabled and we have a small dog and two cats. Our wish list is prioritized as follows: safe neighborhood, sound structure, single story, outdoor space, at least bath and half, preferably 1000 sq ft or better. We either have to sell the house at a loss or rent it so we can move. Oh, and to make it even more interesting, we only have about $5000 saved. Our current income is $85,000, but about $55,000 is guaranteed income (retirements). My head is spinning and I can't seem to organize a plan to accomplish our goal. We are going to be in both Ventura and OC this week. Can someone help???

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


PacWest Prop…, Agent, Orange, CA
Sun Aug 19, 2012
If you are stil in Orange County and would like to talk with a realtor about your options in orange county.

Contact us at 800-316-5913 ext 2501

Scott Fredrickson
pacWest Properties
DRE #01000840
0 votes
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Aug 14, 2012
How about the North San Diego area?
0 votes
Grant Fawcett, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tustin, CA
Mon Aug 13, 2012

I'm not a real estate agent but a Mortgage Banker.

First step - Get pre qualified by a direct lender. It will be difficult to qualify for two properties so some choices are going to need to be made.

Vegas house. We have a program that refinances underwater VA homes. A minimum of 660 FICO and no late mortgage payments the past 12 months. The best part - No apprasial required. We can have this complete in two weeks.

I can talk with you about your financing choices. My direct cell is 949-212-4578

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Grant Fawcett
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
Cell: (949) 212-4578
0 votes
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Because you probably don't have enough income to qualify to support both the Las Vegas house payment & the So Cal payment, you will probably need to sell the Vegas house & go rent for a little while. Unless you can sell the Vegas house, as a short sale, without ever missing a payment, then you may be able to qualify immediately for a new place.

I did the same thing as you (minus the short selling). I'm from Orange County, moved to Las Vegas in late 1996 w/ my real estate license, I was out there for 10yrs selling real estate & then moved back here to feel the ocean breeze again in late 2006. I feel your pain.

I am still licensed in Las Vegas & may be able to help you with your underwater property. I do still do short sales for Las Vegas properties, even though I don't live out there. Most of my clients who have needed to do this, live here in SoCal anyway & with the banks, everything is done online anyway.

Please let me know if I can help you.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more