Waterfront home, 1/3 acre, well maintained,13k under appraisel. Why can't i sell it. $47,9k.

Asked by Scott Harris, Clearwater, FL Sun Apr 14, 2013

House is less than 1k sq.ft. Re banks not loaning cash. Should I rent it instead?

Answers

4
Jason Brown’s answer
Jason Brown, , Jacksonville, FL
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Sometimes people have the idea that a house priced low has many problems. One thing you can do is have the home "Move-in Certified". This means the house is pre-inspected and ready to move in and buyers can see the full inspection report when they first visit. This may alleviate any concerns from buyers. It is not very expensive to do this, contact me and I can get it done for you immediately!
Linda Grey, Agent, Port Orange, FL
Mon Apr 15, 2013
When was the appraisal done? Was it for a refinance or a sale? You indicate the house is less than 1,000 sf how much under? Number of beds and baths? What kind of water; canal, stream, pond or lake? How much work does the home need? These are just a few of the questions that need to be answered in order to answer your question.

Are you trying to sell it yourself? If so you will never get the exposure that a Realtor can get for you. If you are using a Realtor he or she should have recommended the list price for you.

Hope this helps.
Rosina Eisen…, , Jacksonville, FL
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Great question! First I have to ask if you have realtor representation. If you do, then your realtor should be able to counsel you on where you are in the market. See, real estate is local, very local. Your realtor should know your neighborhood as well as how the market is moving in your specific area. A Listing agent is the expert who should be able to dial in the proper marketing, the level pricing that moves your house as quickly as the market will yield. If you are not represented by a Realtor, well, then there is your first challenge.

Think of it this way, would you pull your own tooth or see a dentist? Would you operate on yourself or seek the expertise of a surgeon? That is the value an ethical Realtor brings to your sale.

If you are not represented, interview a couple. Yes, I said interview. This Realtor works for you. Guides you through the transaction and makes sure everything is done properly and ethically. If you do not know where to start, contact me, I will give you either a few names of local trusted Realtors or at least a place for you to start. Not all real estate agents are the same. Anyone can be a n agent, they just have to pass the state requirements and exam. A Realtor goes beyond that with ethics commitment, education, community service and constantly training to keep up with current market trends.

Rent or sell, is ultimately your choice, but with the help and guidance of a savvy, ethical Realtor, the choice should be easy.

Rosina Eisenmann
Rosieflrealtor@yahoo.com
904-482-8666
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Apr 14, 2013
you may have it priced too low. Many people will look for homes from 50-? for example. Is it listed with a Realtor?