Waterfront/ North End

Asked by Ed, London, OH Thu Jun 12, 2008

Looking to buy on the waterfront, near the greenway and financial district , dont see much listed ? Is this a hot area ?

What can I expect to pay per Sq. ft. ?

Answers

8
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Thu Jun 12, 2008
I did a quick search for you and found 156 condo's listed in the Waterfront/North End. Looks like the median price per square foot is falling around $700 per. This might be skewed a bit on the high side by the number of listings in big luxury projects like the Intercontinental.

Link below to the 156 listings...
Brad Prosek, Both Buyer And Seller, North End, Boston, MA
Mon Jul 7, 2008
As a current resident of the area, would be happy to discuss my perspective with you. It is a great area, with a lot of potential for upside once the current gloom clears. I also have a unit that might appeal to you - feel free to contact me at bradprosek@gmail.com
Mike, , Boston, MA
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Check out http://www.bostoncityproperties.com/sign_up.html ... there is a free boston condo search. As far as price per square foot goes... it really varies.... somewhere between approx. $500-$800/s.f.
Paul, Home Seller, Boston, MA
Sun Jun 15, 2008
Hi Ed,
Most properties on the Waterfront usually are luxury buildings where you can expect to pay a higher price per sq.ft. If you are interested I am selling my place in the financial district located 2 blocks from the greenway and the waterfront. You can email me at 65.broadstreet@live.com if you are interested.
Cheers,
Paul
Michelle Eas…, Agent, Boston, MA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Hi Ed,

The Boston Waterfront is a very desirable area with renowned older residential buildings as well as new luxury construction. The cost (as has already been covered) , however, is on the high end, and parking as mentioned, is limited or available at additional cost. The question to ask yourself is what is most important to you--water views, affordability, proximity to city amenities and nightlife, proximity to work, etc...

If living on the water and affordability is important, I'd like to suggest a new condo community I market called The Residences at the Atlantis Marina in Winthrop--about 5 miles from downtown Boston. The Sumner tunnel gets you to Gvt. Center area in under 10 minutes. It's a seaside community that has undergone positive transition over the past several years--not well known--a hidden gem of sorts that oftentimes is mistakenly lumped with East Boston. I've had increasing numbers of city dwellers from all over Boston, looking for a great affordable alternative and tranquil living on the water. We are on direct waterfront, facing the entire Boston skyline--cityscape, Zakim, Tobin. We face west, so sunsets are pretty spectacular. All brand new construction (including new marina) with underground garage. 2 parking spaces with every unit. 1 Bedrooms start at $349K, 2 Bedrooms at $449K; premium units at $769K. Check it out at:
http://www.AtlantisMarina.net. For all you brokers out there--I encourage you to visit--many are often pleasantly surprised!

If water, city amenities and proximity to Boston nightlife are on the top of your list, then the Waterfront, Seaport District, or even Charlestown may be your better bet. I'm well versed in all these areas and would love to help you find a home that fits all your search criteria. You can reach me at 617-990-2209. My offices are located on Newbury Street and N. Washington St. in the North End near the Greenway. In any case, I wish you the best in your search!
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Thu Jun 12, 2008
Michael Sylv…, Agent, Weston, MA
Thu Jun 12, 2008
What;s the price range you are looking to be in? There is not much under or around $400,000. You should expect to pay $500-$1000/sq. ft. It all depends on the buidling. The Seaport District is probably a good option. If you are looking for assistance, give me a call at 617-212-1900 or email me at sales@theterriergroup.com. My office is in Boston, so I'm very familiar with the areas you are looking in.
John Savigna…, Agent, Hopkinton, MA
Thu Jun 12, 2008
there is a lot to choose from. waterfront is more $$$. how many bedrms/baths are you looking for ?for 2 bdrm/2 bath waterfront/greenway/financial district they range from $450 to over $1,000 per sqft.
its all location and view. Also some will come with parking garage sapce but if not expect to pay $30-$50,000. to buy a space or $350/month to rent
Let me know if you need help

John