Wanting to purchase a townhouse in the Buckhead area. Price range in the 350 to 500K area. Any suggestions?

Asked by Moving To Atlanta, Buckhead Triangle, Atlanta, GA Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

14
Nest Atlanta Real Estate Group’s answer
Nest Atlanta…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon May 28, 2012
There are some great options in the Buckhead / Broohaven area. If you think that a townhome is the best fit for your lifestyle, I would recommend looking at established townhome communities, such as Fernwood Park, 2600 Peachtree, or Brookhaven Glen. There were several developments that went under when the market crashed in 2008 so they are still a little shaky and probably not a good investment right now.

There are some other townhome developments with a strong HOA and a true sense of community that are less than 15 minutes from the heart of Buckhead. I just helped a good friend buy a townhome at One River Place and we were truly impressed.

Best of luck with your search....
Kerry
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sun May 27, 2012
I'll assume that the "I'd love to show you" and "I work in the area all of the time" has been repeated enough....

I would encourage caution at this price point at this time, this price point is still in flux. However, the under 200K price point (for the towers and newer units) is actually doing well so maybe that's a good sign fo things to come - but that's a maybe.

Lee is correct in that you might want to bounce options around like detached homes - that price range can secure a nice place. If you're looking for a condo for a specific reason then I'd suggest looking at the Lenox-Brookhaven area as well - another condo market firming up at the 200K level and one with very appealing buildings.

I actually do work the Atlanta market a lot as I'm a foreclosure appraiser as well as broker, I have good familiarity with what you might find appealing. Condos require more scrubbing, more things to look at so do your homework - much can be done from the desktop if you have the data and the skill...

Hank
Susan Edwards, Agent, Smyrna, GA
Sun May 27, 2012
There are a nice selection of townhomes available in the Buckhead area. I would be glad to send you more detailed information on these homes that would include the taxes and monthly association fee, which may help your decision on which homes to view or eliminate.

I would be happy to assist you in your home search!

Please feel free to contact me.

Susan Edwards, REALTOR
Heritage Real Estate Brokers
http://www.susanedwards.net
678-516-1000
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
From 26th to the Roxboro and Wieuca edges, you could probably look at like 20 and see everything.

Yep, I looked it up, it's 23.

Throw in some FSBOs and we could knock it out all 30 in three afternoons.

Suggestions - lets narrow the 30 to a top ten and go buy one...or not. You may not want to buy a townhouse in Buckhead right now.

What are you really looking for?

have you seen what you can get for your price in single family houses in Midtown, Ansley Park, or even Oakhurst and Kirkwood?

Why Buckhead?

Why townhouse?
Tyler Willis, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
There are plenty of townhomes in the Buckhead area. To narrow down the search I would speak with a REALTOR to discuss your absolute needs and what you are looking for in a neighborhood. Of course there are many real estate agents here that would like to assist you. If you are interviewing possible candidates I would be honored to be amongst them.

Tyler Willis, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Intown Atlanta
(678)656-5524

PS: I could also send you an invite to a search engine that is basically an abridged version of what we REALTORS use in our everyday work. And feel free to check out my website for listings as well.
Elizabeth Wa…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
Hello, thank you for your inquiry! I have lived and sold in this area for years and would be pleased to assist if you don't currently have an agent.

My information is below, please don't hesitate to contact me ...

Thank You again!

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
Tony Teixeira, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
First, I need to ask if you are arleady working with a realtor.

If you are, then your realtor needs to do that searching for you.

But, if not, then there need to be more discussions about exactly what you are looking for and what sort of parameters to put on the search. For instance, what part of Buckhead, what amenities do you want included, what kind of HOA are your comfortable with. All of those questions can be answered in very, very different ways depending on what complex you loook at.

Feel free to call, text or e-mail me any time.

Tony Teixeira
770-851-5050
tony@muffleyhomes.com
tonysellsatlanta@gmail.com
Muffley & Associates
ABR: #1 Large Team in Atlanta, #3 Metro-wide
Galt Porter, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
I can definitely help you find a great condo in that price range. Doing a quick search I found there are about 20 available. Here are a few that may interest you:

A. 3695 Peachtree RD NE,30319 $475,000
B. 3127 Lenox RD NE,30324-2821 $488,000
C. 3261 Ferncliff LN,30324 $461,409
D. 58 Sheridan Drive,30305 $449,900
E. 3263 Ferncliff LN,30324 $444,469
F. 1735 Peachtree ST NE,30309-7028 $389,000
G. 3127 Lenox RD NE,30324 $370,000

Of course once I have more detail about what you are looking for, I can narrow down the choices.

I would love to work with you.

Galt Porter
Real Estate Consultant
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Member - Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
CPDE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
REOS - Foreclosure REO Specialist
RESS - Short Sale Specialist
State Registered Real Property Appraiser
Office 770-475-1130 X8837
Cell 770-529-6922
Fax 770-783-5866
http://www.galtporter.com
galt@galtporter.com
Tom Silveria, , Brookhaven, Atlanta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
That area is about 10 minutes from my house. I know the area well and will be happy to help you find something. Call me at 404-210-9284.
Sheila Malloy, Agent, Dunwoody, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
Absolutely, plenty of opportunities out there for you. Will you be working in that area? And have you been pre-approved for a home loan if necessary? Love to talk to you more, when convenient. Happy Memorial Day weekend, and welcome to ATL. Sheila Malloy, Realtor, Atlanta Communities
Web Reference:  http://www.sheilamalloy.com
Fred Yancy, Agent, Woodstock, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
I am very familiar with the area and would be happy to discuss your future plans for purchasing a home in the Buckhead area. Please feel free to go to my website to review properties that are available in the area. Contact me to schedule an appointment to see the properties that most interest you.
Catherine No…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
There are many beautiful townhomes in that price range there. I'm available to show some to you - just let me know.
Adam Morrison, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
There should be several options available including resale and some new construction depending on when you are looking to move. Feel free to contact me to discuss your options.
Brandi Callum, Agent, Covington, GA
Sat May 26, 2012
Absolutely,

Shoot me your contact info and I will send you some listings to review.