Home Buying in Parlin>Question Details

Tim Banner, Home Buyer in 46517

Want to purchase house. Haven’t sold old home. Have option to close on house end of year or beginning of next year. Which would be better finically?

Asked by Tim Banner, 46517 Fri Oct 26, 2012

Answers

2
There most likely will be a 3%+ national sales tax charged on the HUD starting Jan 1st thanks to Obama Care payable by the sellers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Tim,
It would take a lot more information about your specific situation to really offer useful advice. It may also be a case of over thinking your situation. If your home is on the market now, and another home that you want to purchase is also on the market, I would focus on achieving your goal of buying the house rather than getting caught up in the timing. For the average buyer/seller the timing question won't make that much difference and if you are one where it would, I'd consult your accountant.
One last thought, with rates being so phenomenal right now and the uncertainties of an election about to take place, I would be inclined to encourage a sooner move rather than later. Who knows where things will be after the first of the year?