Want to buy in NC, but own in Pensacola, Fl. What are the best steps on how to make this change happen?

Asked by jaclynielsen, Wilmington, NC Sun Aug 19, 2012

I am the sole owner of our home, my husband would be a first time home buyer. I am hoping that will give us an advantaged when trying to buy, but we can't buy until we sell :/ How do you make this all happen within the same time period?

Answers

3
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Good evening, Jaclynielsen:
I'd get the home on the market in FL if you can price it to sell, then get together a short list of homes in Wilmington that you would like to buy. If you husband has a marital interest in your FL property, or if you are on title or have a marital interest in the NC property, your husband might not qualify as a first time buyer.Your lender and tax preparer or CPA would need to advise you on this. We successfully help clients who sell elsewhere and as soon as they get under contract, come visit us for the "buying weekend". We find a home they like and get it under contract with a closing date a couple days after they existing house sale date. It is very important to have your financing firmly in place. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Ryan Cassidy…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Hi Jaclyn,

You can always put an offer in on a house that's contingent on another home selling. I don't know if that was made clear to you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ryan
919.696.4254
Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Hi Jaclyn,

Have you reached out to an agent yet? Here is a list of nearby agents who should be able to help you:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/Wilmington-agent--401…

Ali, Community Manager