Want to buy house within few hours from Bay Area

Asked by Preeti, Mountain View, CA Fri Sep 26, 2008

My husband and I want to buy a house within few hours from the Bay Area, CA. We would like to have a house with a yard. We both have good credit. My husband and I, both of us are working professionals - he works as a lead developer and I work as a business analyst in the IT industry.

Schools and parks are a plus.

Answers

8
Preeti, Home Buyer, Mountain View, CA
Mon Oct 6, 2008

We are H1 B visa holders. Is it true that we shall get a better rate after we qualify for the Green Card?

Preeti
Monterey Pen…, Agent, Pacific Grove, CA
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Hello Preeti,

I represent buyers and sellers on the Monterey Peninsula, which is only a couple of hours from the bay area. If you are looking for a great area to raise your family away from the big city, look no further. Either Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach or Carmel have exceptional schools and there are several great private school offerings here as well. Furthermore, the peninsula has never been more affordable than right now. Although we haven't seen the huge amount of foreclosures that the rest of the state has seen, we have seen prices come down significantly in the last few years, and the wintertime is the best time to purchase here (our off season).

Check out the top of our web page for instant seaches for the major cities down here and let me know if you have any questions. http://www.MontereyPeninsulaHomeTeam.com

Take care,

Mark Bruno
(831) 626-2277
David Blockh…, Agent, Los Altos, CA
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Preeti,

You might give us an idea of how much down payment and loan you qualify and use that as a starting point. That way, we can give you ideas as to the best buy in your price point.
Web Reference:  http://www.losaltoshomes.com
Bill Mccord, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Hello again Preeti,
Assuming you will be commuting I believe your scope would be as far as Gilroy to the South, Livermore to the East, and S San Francisco or Half Moon Bay up the Penninsula.
Gilroy and Livermore both give the possibility of Cal Trains Commuting.
There are pro's and con's for all of these but you might want to go on http://www.realtor.com and do a little price checking.
Drop me a line or call if you wish to discuss further.
Vicky Le, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Sep 26, 2008
An hour will get you no further than East SJ (Evergreen) from Mtn View during commuter hours. An hour from Mtn View includes San Francisco to the north and Gilroy to the South, two cities with completely polar opposite lifestyles and cost of living. If you are looking to narrow down your option, price is a huge factor. Anything north of Mtn View will be more expansive than going south of Mtn View.

Feel free to give me a call if you have additional questions.

Vicky Le, Realtor
Intero Real Estate
Office: 408.342.3085
Email: vle@interorealestate.com
Preeti, Home Buyer, Mountain View, CA
Fri Sep 26, 2008

We work in Mountain View, so a house which is located an hour from Mountain View/ Sunnyvale/ San Jsoe would be fine for us.
Vicky Le, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Sep 26, 2008
What price range are you looking to buy? How far from the bay area, 1 hr, 2 hrs? There are plenty of homes on the outskirt of the Bay Area that you can definitely catch a great buy on, especially in this market.

I would be happy to sit down with you and your husband to discuss your buying options.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Vicky Le, Realtor
Intero Real Estate
Office: 408.342.3085
Email: vle@interorealestate.com
Bill Mccord, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Preeti,
How many is a few and what part of the Bay Area? 3 hours from Santa Clara Valley could see you in the Sierra foothills while the same time from San Francisco could take to up the North Coast to any number of lovely small communities.