Ampotito27@g…, Home Buyer in Middle Island, NY

Want to buy a home with my husband for our family but we have less than perfect credit. How can that be done?

Asked by Ampotito27@gmail.com, Middle Island, NY Sun Feb 9, 2014

Answers

7
The best thing you can do is meet with a Loan Officer, bring all your documents and see what your options are. I personally meet many buyers who have some sort of issues with their credit. I run their reports and give them a plan to follow so that their credit improves enough to qualify. Many times this plan is something that happens within a few weeks, other times the credit is so bad that it's a year long project. It depends. You'll only know after you meet with an experienced Loan Officer. Hopefully you meet with one who can give you guidance on your credit and not tell you "no" because you're not ready right now. I'm always available to help you if you need it. Feel free to call or email me anytime. Good luck! IF MY RESPONSE WAS HELPFUL, CONSIDER CLICKING BEST ANSWER! • Javier Meneses Senior • Loan Officer • NMLS #23130 • STERLING NATIONAL BANK • 310 Crossways Park Drive • Woodbury, NY 11797 • jmeneses@snb.com • (516) 606-9648 Cell • (516) 740-4478 Office • (516) 918-5383 Fax
you don't have perfect credit?!! Nowadays nobody does and that's why it's important to contact a mortgage individual that can assist you through the entire process. I work with an individual here on Long Island that is also a licensed in your area his name is Richard Murphy of Wells Fargo and his phone number is 631 786 2908
also please make sure to get yourself a buyer representative! You are the one paying the money for the house shouldn't you have representation just like the seller?
good luck on your purchase
IreneSellsHouses.com for all your real estate needs
Since there are other factors besides credit that determine mortgage qualification, for personalized answers visit with any licensed loan officer; all else is merely speculation....
Contact a mortgage broker or banker and they can give you guidance based on your exact situation. If you don't know any I would be happy to recommend someone.

Thank you

Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, BPOR
Licensed Associate Broker
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.SuffolkFreeCMA.com
http://www.NassauFreeCMA.com
#1 Listing & Selling Office on Long Island
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 208
Plainview, New York 11803
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 9, 2014
You need to speak with a mortgage specialist to see exactly what can be done for you. The worst that can happen is they tell you what you need to do to qualify for a loan. Feel free to call/email me and I will be happy to refer a few to you.
I know a really good credit repair specialist... Call me at 631-398-9543 and I'll direct you to him, then I can help you to find a home when you're ready.
No one has perfect credit.

Now, if by "less than perfect credit" you're coyly referring to a score below 600 . . . that's not "less than perfect," that's "less than acceptable."

Less than 600 (though you might squeeze by with a 580), you buy a house by first raising your credit score.

Above 640 (which is much less than perfect), you just go through the regular process. Ask your Realtor for recommendations for a loan officer.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA