Want to but a house in PA. Approved for FHA loan w/ 3.5%down. Not first time home buyer, Need assistance w/ 3.5%&closing costs. Am in healthcare.?

Asked by Jasper5485, Johnstown, PA Mon Sep 12, 2011


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Fran Pletcher, Agent, Johnstown, PA
Mon Oct 22, 2012
In most cases you are able to request seller assist as part of your offer, asking the seller to pay a percentage or a dollar amount towards your closing costs. In most cases the total requested can't exceed 6% of the sales price which depends on your lenders guidelines. Normally 3.5% down payment needs to be your own funds and then the seller can contribute towards the additional closing expenses. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. The bank who issued the preapproval should also be able to help clarify eligibility and guidelines
Fran Pletcher
Prudential Speicher Select Properties, LLC
0 votes
, ,
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hello Jasper,

Some counties have down-payment assistance. Montgomery County is one of them.
The second option is a PHFA loan but interest rates are currently much higher than FHA.
You can also do USDA if you are looking in a more rural area.
Call me and I will let you know what is available.

Best Regards,
Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending
267 992 7276
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Johnstown Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more