Want a Sammamish (Eastlake HS boundary) home - flexible move in--July1 to Sept. 1. Lease option would be ideal, or 12 mo lease.

Asked by john, Sammamish, WA Wed Apr 3, 2013

I'm moving to the Sammamish area over the summer-I have one son living with me who is a Sr. next year and we need to be in the Eastlake HS area.
I'd love to find a Lease Option (Credit is pretty much there, but need time to build a decent down). I have excellent references going back years. I need a town-home, duplex or single family - a garage is important. I'm looking in the 1500-2000 /- range and have verifiable income over 100k.
Thank you in advance for your responses!

Answers

5
Karen Mcknig…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hi John,

There aren't a lot of lease option properties in the Sammamish / Eastlake area. I'm wondering if you know you can put 3% down on some of the conventional loan programs now.

I work with some outstanding, very experienced lenders and would be happy to refer you. They are happy to do a "no obligation" consultation with you.

You can set up a property search and include rental properties at my site: http://www.buyandsellseattlerealestate.com . You may need to do a straight lease for a year. Houses are selling well, so the only type of opportunity I can think of, that would be interested in a lease option would be someone who has to move, can afford their payments, but they still owe more on the home than it is worth in today's market. Some investors like to sell on lease option for a variety of strategic reasons.

Let me know how I can help.

Warmly,
Karen
Web Reference:  http://www.karenmcknight.com
Wendy Wheeler…, Home Owner, Sammamish, WA
Wed May 22, 2013
We be willing to do a lease to buy option or maybe 12 mo. lease on 2910 E LK Sammamish PKWY NE. Currently for sale. Tell the agent you want to speak with the owner.
wendy
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Apr 3, 2013
John,
I just did a quick search of NWMLS for rentals in Sammamish that would work for Eastlake HS. There are currently 5 total. The least expensive is a townhome for $1900, the next are homes for $2600, $2950, $3600 & $4600.
When I did another search for Purchase option, I came up with 0. I have to agree with my colleagues that our inventory is low and demand is exceeding it for affordable purchases.
I've worked with several people on improving their credit and qualifying after a tough time. I'm also a 25 year Sammamish resident and 2 of my boys have attended Eastlake High School. It's a great area and I welcome you to it.
My best advice would be to select a great local agent to work with and have them send you listings as they come available. Most affordable homes for purchase are gone in days. A rental may allow you the time you need to get situated and save up some money. There are apartments near Eastlake that do shorter term rentals. Let me know if I can help.
Karen Mcknig…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Hi John,

I have lived in and sold the Sammamish Plateau area for over 20 amazing years. We don't see many lease option purchases here. It is possible to put 3% down on properties now days and get credits toward Buyer's Allowable Closing Costs, so it may not take as much cash as you think to purchase. I can refer you to some great lenders.

With our still historically low prices and with today's low interest rates, if you can buy, you would be very wise to do so now.

The rental market is an owner's market and rent seems to be running $1.00 to $1.25 per square foot. I can set up a rental search for you. Most of the rentals are straight rentals, not lease option.

If you want to check out the market, you can go to a very current web site, http://www.buyandsellseattlerealestate.com .

Warm Regards,
Karen
Chuck Sparks, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Wed Apr 3, 2013
John.
You sound just about ready to go, John! I live and work in the area and would be happy to help.

Homes in Sammamish are currently coming and going pretty fast. A must do for you is to get yourself pre-approved so that when time comes to shop homes you know what you can and are capable of affording in the LWSD portion of Sammamish.
I have several morgage consultants that can help you get ready for your move. Contact me and we can discuss the particulars.
I would be happy to get you started on a custom search on the mls in the area you are interested in so that you can see what's currently available.
Best of luck with your plans and I hope to hear from you
Chuck