WE have just exspired on our closing date thursday, we had put in for an extention last sunday with no responce, can we still get the house

Asked by jake_and_sandy, Los Angeles, CA Sat Mar 16, 2013

Answers

2
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Mar 16, 2013
jake,

Where is your agent in this?

Once the contract date has expired without a closing or having an agreement to extend the closing date, your deal is done!

To get things moving forward again, you will need to get the seller back on board with the agreement and a new closing date.

Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
The Seller is not required to accept your extension.
The Seller is not required to even answer you; and the way etiquite is today; I wouldn't hold my breath.
The next thing is, you will probably lose your DEPOSIT.
Not to mention losing the house.
You didn't say why you would need an extension:
It sounds like you were trying to do this without a Realtor.
We did have a realiter, what happened was my lender didnt communictae good with her apprasial managment company and the apprasial didnt get done until we almost exspired, so i put in for an extention and all the paperwork got done just 4 days to late, everything is done and approved for this home, but now we have no extention or contract, it was a short sale and the proccess is longer to get things done,
Flag Sat Mar 16, 2013