murphy131356, Home Buyer in Grosse Ile, MI

WERE BUYING A F H A HOME HAVE NOT SIGN PAPERS TO CLOSE YET THEY FOUND A LEAKING PIPE IN THE HOUSE IF THERE ANY REPAIRS DO THEY ADD IT TO ARE ESCROW???

Asked by murphy131356, Grosse Ile, MI Mon Dec 12, 2011

Answers

2
The Buyer asks the Seller for repairs or financial compensation/price reduction in lieu of repairs in the Resolution of Unacceptable Conditions which is submitted after Inspections but before the Inspection Period is over. The length of the Inspection Period is defined in your contract. What does your Buyer's Agent say to do?
There is a leaking pipe prior to closing...is the seller not willing to make repairs?

I think this is an issue that should be resolved before closing. By the sound of it, your inspection period may have already passed for cancellation. However, I would stress to the seller the need for this to be repaired, even if you split the cost on it before more serious damage occurs.