Verification of funds letter?

Asked by Christopher L., Shaker Heights, OH Thu May 28, 2009

What is a verification of funds letter? We are doing a normal mortgage w/ 20% down.

Chris

Answers

4
Drew Gaebele…, , Solon, OH
Thu May 28, 2009
A verification of funds letter is something that is typically asked for if you are purchasing a house for cash and not financing.

When financing they would ask for a pre-approval letter, but in the case of no mortgage they want the letter to know to prove you actually have the money.
John Wirsing, Agent, Pepper Pike, OH
Thu May 28, 2009
The verification of funds is a request to assure the Seller that you as the buyer has the money available that is required in the contract.
If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please give me a call at 440-487-2193 or e-mail me at jwirsing@kw.com
John Wirsing
Keller Williams Realty GC
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Thu May 28, 2009
You must not be using a Realtor Chris? this ia a letter showing you have the funds in the bank.

TJ
, ,
Thu May 28, 2009
Hi Christopher,
The lender is looking for a Verification of Deposit form to be completed by your bank to veryfy the average amount of funds you have in your account over the past 2 months, OR they will accept the past 2 months bank statements. The reason for this is because they want to make sure the money is yours, and isnt being "borrowed" from someone else or a loan from another financial institution.
If the money is from a family member, you can however get a "Gift Letter" and the family members' bank statements to verify funds for a down payment or closing costs. I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any questions, thanks -

Joshua Pick
http://www.crefco.com
216-236-7266 phone