Va home loan with NO money down? Fantasy or Reality in the Bay Area.

Asked by Mills, 94132 Thu Jul 31, 2008

I'm a VET and have the certificate for a VA Loan - I've got no money down - who can I work with in the bay area?
Is it possible to get something this way?

Thanks!

Answers

8
Durham.kendra, Home Buyer, Dallas, TX
Wed Mar 22, 2017
My Loan Is Your Loan work with borrowers down to a 550 credit score for VA, FHA, and USDA loans. They have a direct lender who was able to get my loan closed fast. I would check them out. I worked with Brian Young at 2147973479 I would call him super easy and nice.

Myloanyourloan.com
Dan Joy, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Fri Nov 4, 2016
Hello mills,

Yes it is. I help Veterans everyday on the VA Loan and have been very successful getting our Veterans into using the VA loan even when up against high down payments and "all cash." I am a Veteran myself. The VA loan is just as competitive when everyone is educated.
Contact if need help.
Dan Joy, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Thu Feb 25, 2016
Hello Mills,

I have loan partners that specialize in the VA Loan and they all have great pricing which I expect for our Veterans. I am a Veteran myself who specializes in the VA Loan as a Realtor and working with sellers as well. Be careful, there are vendors doing very well with advertising that are overpricing Vets.
If you decide on a condo the HOA needs to be VA approved. If you decide on a detached home it needs to be up to VA standard and I can go over that with you. Many of the homes here in the Bay area need some repairs due to the age of them but you will find yourself better off than renting. Feel free to give me a call or anyone reading this and I will guide you to homeownership with the VA Loan in the Bay area.
Dan
joyrealtyservice.com
Jeremy Harri…, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Tue Oct 21, 2014
Its a reality!

Yes you absolutely can purchase property using a VA home loan and have zero down payment. And in most cases there are even special purchase programs that can help you obtain a credit to cover and pay all your closing costs or fees. This means very little to no cost to you when buying a new home. That why VA loans are so desirable of veterans.

As for who offers these loans, we do. We have been working with veterans all over California as well as Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Florida for years.

So if you have questions or would like to see if you qualify for a no down payment VA loan please feel free to contact me through my Trulia profile or my website. Best of luck!
Jimmy Vercel…, , Phoenix, AZ
Thu May 22, 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for your service to our great country!

A Veteran may obtain a VA Loan in Alameda County up to $1,050,000 with no down payment.

My name is Jimmy Vercellino and I am a Marine Corps Veteran and Mortgage Banker Specializing in VA Home Loans and I would be honored to serve you.

For more information you may visit my website at http://www.VALoansForVets.com

Semper Fidelis,
Jimmy Vercellino
J Mario Preza, Agent, Daly City, CA
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Financing under VA (Veteran's Administration) underwriting involves following a few steps unique to this program, as you no doubt already know (or will soon discover). I helped a veteran last year to buy a house, and although it took a bit of doing and a lot of patience, at the end of the exhaustive house-hunt, pre-approved loan in hand, we wound up with a bank owned house where we were the high bidder, and although initially we had outlined the terms according to the pre-approved financing package, there was a slight change that required the buyer to put money into the transaction, however, the seller credited nearly $10,000 and the net effect was a wash, resulting in nearly a 100% financed transaction. Oh, and by the way, the buyer was a retiree! Way to go! So, it is not a fantasy, providing you're willing to be patient and go where such transactions are plentiful. In our case, that wound up being in Pittsburg, CA (near Antioch).
Rebecca White, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Jul 31, 2008
It used to be a fantasy because of the loan maximum. I did a few in Oregon years ago. The hard part here is finding a lender knowledgeable and qualified to do one. (Maybe some will chime in?) Several times in the past 2-3 years I tried different VA lenders and none would return my phone calls.

Now that the lending climate has drastically changed, I am optimistic that we will see these here.

Part of the problems--why sellers were leery of VA loans--were that sellers have to pay all or most of your closing costs and the appraisal is tougher--repairs may have to be done prior to close of escrow or there would be escrow hold-backs. I haven't seen nor used escrow hold-backs for some time but am negotiating one now on an REO sale.

I think that the time is right for VA loans as they are government backed (or guaranteed) and the prices are well within their guidelines for most of the Bay Area.
Sasha, Agent, WA,
Thu Jul 31, 2008
VA loans are making a comeback in part because they are one product in an ever-shrinking pool of financial products which permit borrowers to purchase with no money down. That is not to say that there are no costs associated with the loan. VA charges an upfront "funding fee" that can be as high as 3.5 percent of the loan amount - however, you can tack that fee on to the loan amount. In addition, just because you can put zero down, it does not mean that you will not need SOME cash out of pocket to cover your closing costs (lender fees, taxes, title insurance etc) which will cost you several thousand dollars at closing if the seller does not agree to pay all or some of them. You should get a recommendation for a good lender in your area who will break down all of the requirements for VA loans, but as a quick answer to your question, yes, in general one can get a VA loan which will allow you to put zero down. The official government link for VA is also below for your reference.
Web Reference:  http://www.homeloans.va.gov/