VA loans

Asked by Lucyvucina, 93923 Sat Sep 27, 2008

I am trying to help my client who is a veteran buy a home. The homes in her price range are usually a home that is a fixer upper. We have all five offers rejected usually because the veterans will not allow the buyer to do the repairs and the banks who own the bank owned property will not pay for the repairs such as termite damage. My question is , is there anything new in regards to that policy to help my client buy a home?

Answers

2
, ,
Wed Oct 21, 2009
That's sad because VA loans are so good...especially in this market.

Just rememberr there isn't some special inspection for VA loans. The house just has to be deemed livable by the VA appraiser, who's just an appraiser who's approved through the VA.

The house doesn't have to look perfect, just turnkey.
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Sep 28, 2008
I am having similiar problems. I've decided NOT to concentrate on bank owned homes and short sales. (Hard in this market!) Some agents won't even accept an offer if the buyer is using a VA loan.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com